PDA

View Full Version : GS factory convection microwave....

jrf2
01-12-2009, 03:37 AM
We just purchased an '02 8378 and the control panel on the convection microwave doesn't read properly. It appears as though the numerical display is shot. Our dealer does not have a source for parts for this unit and can find no one to service it.

We are looking for suggestions for repair, parts or a quality convection replacement that doen't require extensive modification.

Any help would be appreciated.

quikduk
01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Check with RV surplus businesses as they will either have the parts or a fairly innexpensive replacement unit (overstock) that can be swapped out.

BTW, what brand and model is it?

rdlamb
01-13-2009, 09:03 PM
JFR2
A number of convection microwaves are available, try Home Depot, Sears, and other appliance stores.
Our Dometic went out, but was in the 3 year Dometic warranty. We took it to a dealer and replaced it with the same model, only newer.
Fortunately, the new model worked a lot better.

Also, you might try Camping World, they have a site on line.

What is your make & model?

ANBrown
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Try William E. Miller at microwavedisplay.com
They fixed mine for $39.95 with a one year guanrantee.

jrf2
01-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Just yesterday I spoke with our dealer about our service work on the coach. Things are moving along well, a couple of parts are still in transit.

They had investigated the microwave and could not find anyone local to service it. They are suggesting a replacement unit. I visited this site this morning and will contact them today.

This may save us $400 or more. I will post the results.

Thank you again.

Sundancer268
01-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Try this site for appliance repair parts. http://www.repairclinic.com/Home.aspx I have ordered from them in the past and have had good service. I know my GS has a Sharp and upon checking they had a good selection of circuit boards for the Sharp models. Good Luck