PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Transfer Switch

zzrv
01-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Would like to know where to find the ATS on my 2003 Ultra Supreme 8328?
I'm not having a problem, but would like to know where it is should I have to. Also, what does it look like?

RJ82much
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure where your ATS would be located, but mine is really close to (just over) the generator & the shore power cable, which in the Sun Voyager 8351 (gas) is in the bottom of the rear closet/dresser drawers. It is impossible to see without mirrors. I'm not sure how I will access it for repair or replacement - obviously, the unit was installed before the cabinet or coach rear cap was installed.

The unit is similar size to the converter, with lots of heavy wires attached. It is just a "typical" electrical box, maybe 8"x8"x4" high. I have pictures, though unfortunately not here at work. Mine is labeled (with a cheap label) "Lyght Power Systems", though I think GS uses other manufacturers as well.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-power-cords/automatic-transfer-switch.htm

quikduk
01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Mine is under the master bed.

GStream40
01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Mine is a Iota model ITS-50R and located under the cedar chest insert at the foot of the bed.
Replaced it last June due to the printed circuit board blowing a hole in it.
Here is link to see pictures of what what a 30 & 50 amp models look like if you have a Iota. Not sure what other makes look like, but I imagine they are similar.

http://www.solarseller.com/iota_automatic_transfer_switches__iota_power_distr ibution_panels__inverter_load_.htm#its___50_r_

Ron

zzrv
01-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys. As soon as it warms up here a bit, (8 degrees right now) I'll go out and look for it.

zzrv
01-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Finally got out to look for it, and found it. It's right on top of the convertor under the bed. Very convenient. I had the plywood cover off under the bed several times, and never noticed it. Duh! Maybe because the label was on upside down and never really read it.