PDA

View Full Version : Magic Jack

woodworker414
01-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Has anybody used the Magic Jack? Pro and con.
Magicjack.com
Bill

zzrv
01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
I have MagicJack for two years now and am quite satisfied with it. You must have a good wifi signal for it to work well, otherwise one or the other parties have difficulty hearing. For $20 a year, I find it's well worth it. I also use it occasionally thru my DSL at home, which works very well.

woodworker414
01-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks zzrv, now we need somebody to invent a wifi that only cost $20.00 a year.
Bill

zzrv
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks zzrv, now we need somebody to invent a wifi that only cost $20.00 a year.
Bill Good luck with that.;)

Depends on how you want to use it. We travel alot and look for campgrounds with wifi. More and more offer wifi, most free and some pay. Also some rest areas have it as well as Flying J travel plazas, Panera Bread and many other business offer it. So it's getting easier to find a place to 'hookup'. I cannot justify the monthly cost of ($60 and up) of commercially available wireless services.

woodworker414
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
An idea, why don't the companies such as Direct TV, Dish Network, let us piggy back on their sats, for maybe $20.00 a month, a cash cow for them, a small bundle, heck they could even let us make phone calls also.
Bill

Biobug
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
We have used our Magicjack extensively and the quality of calls has
been better lately with new downloads from them. We use it on
our vacations a lot where we try to find a wifi available park every so often then catch up on phone calls. We certainly recomend it. You can get
a poor connection every so often but a callback normally takes care of it.

woodworker414
02-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, I bought the Magic Jack, using it here at home, works as advertised, very happy with it.
Bill