PDA

View Full Version : Will Armour All be good on slide-out seals?

streamlite22
02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
I would like to know if Armour All Protectant be good to use on slide
out seals since it would also lubricate them. :?:

Timothy
02-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I would use some type of dry lubricant or silicone spray. I think Armour all would attract too much dirt because of it's oily nature. Be careful of products that have petroleum distilates that may damge the rubber.

RV Wizard
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
I use and recommend Protectall's Seal & Gasket Treatment. Very easy to use and seams to do as advertised.

CampWinican
02-17-2006, 10:48 AM
RVWizard, I think you meant to say "seems to do as advertised" as opposed to what you actually wrote "seams to do as advertised"; although that fits really well too seeing how we're talking about joints and seams here! :D

RV Wizard
02-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Rover, thanks for catching and pointing out my error. It is usually pretty early when I can get on the board and I am not always fully awake. It almost fit, I could have left out the word to and gotten away with it! :?

streamlite22
02-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks a bunch for the advice on what to use. Can I get that Protect all
at Wally World(Wal-Mart),or do I need to get it at an RV dealer? :)

RV Wizard
02-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Each Wal-Mart has their own inventory and not all carry all of the items that another may. I am sure Camping World as well as any other RV parts store would have this item. It is not very expensive and real cheap in comparison to seal replacement.

streamlite22
02-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Each Wal-Mart has their own inventory and not all carry all of the items that another may. I am sure Camping World as well as any other RV parts store would have this item. It is not very expensive and real cheap in comparison to seal replacement.

Being new to RVing and on a tight budget especially for a newcomer,I
would rather take the cheap way out with this kind of product than spend
hundreds,if not thousands,of dollars replacing seals. :)