PDA

View Full Version : GS service

justlizz
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I would just like to say the few times I have emailed GS I find they reply within 24hrs and they have been very helpfull and posted things to me in the UK free of charge
lizz

Timothy
02-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I have to agree with Liz, I too have gotten great service. I usually contact my dealer first but have also dealt with John Smith at Gulf Stream towables. Either way I received prompt action to whatever my concern was.
Over on RV.net I?ve seen many posts where GS doesn?t' answer emails or phone calls or totally ignores requests for service, I can?t understand it. I have always gotten a response when emailing, the longest I ever waited is 1 day before I received a reply.

Maggie
02-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Last month I attended a meeting where Brandon York discussed
Gulf Streams plan for doing service/repairs using local service centers.
I was doubtful that it would work. I recently had need of this service.
The plan worked, my repairs are presently being done. I can only say
"thanks" Brandon.
Maggie

gsadmin
02-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I hope this is true...that times have changed.

Generally, what I have found is that if it is something they are willing to do something about, they will contact you pretty fast. If it is something they want to give bad news to you on, the request will get "lost".

Remeber this, too, when your coach is out of warranty, and something as simple as a fuse blows, good luck trying to do it yourself with the poor documentation GS has given out for their coach. I recently had this experience (and there is a post on here about it) when I installed my new air horns.

I still have quite a few issues since the first day I had the coach (but not huge issues for sure -- again, you can read the posts here, the official gulfstreamers forum...wait, they took that down, and on rv.net), but they still have not resolved them.

Again, I hope this is truly a turn towards better service.

justlizz
02-27-2006, 03:38 PM
My 5er has no warranty as I am in the UK and twice they have sent me things free of charge re the wireing I have been told that no 2 vans are the same so a chart would be no good as they are never the same I know it took me ages to find a blown fuse and when my dealer was looking on the same model that he had they were all in different locations
lizz

gsadmin
02-27-2006, 05:36 PM
My 5er has no warranty as I am in the UK and twice they have sent me things free of charge re the wireing I have been told that no 2 vans are the same so a chart would be no good as they are never the same I know it took me ages to find a blown fuse and when my dealer was looking on the same model that he had they were all in different locations
lizz

The fact that they are all different is true -- to a degree. No RV company could be successful if their wiring harnesses were 100% unique on every unit. Not only that, I would truly question the quality of the rig if that were the case. The fact is that I have some "unofficial" diagrams on a Class A similar to mine but a different year and I have verified that for the most part the harness used in mine (although a few years newer and a diff model) is nearly identical. What was missing for me, however, is the physical layout of the fuse box.

If GS or the dealer has given this as a reason not to disclose this information due to the fact that all rigs are different, then that is just an excuse...some info is better than none.

Maggie
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I think I might have praised GS new plan to take care of warranty
work too soon. My unit has been at the dealers for over 3 weeks and nothing has been done. It seems that many phone call have been
exchanged between GS and the dealer. No one seems to agree what
is covered under warranty. One person you talk with says yes the next one says no. I haven't been able to find out just what my
warranty is supposed to cover. I think it is time that all makers of RV's should have to give a written explanation of just what is covered. Will let you know what finally happens.

justlizz
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Well I must have got someone different this time as I wanted a few bits and the cost of them came to $7.84 and they have quoted me $110 shipping I think that is a bit much dont you
lizz

Maggie
04-28-2006, 07:33 PM
I hope I misunderstood you. Are you saying that the shipping charge
is $110.00 0n items that they are charging you $7.00 for?
How do they plan on shipping them? And how much do they weigh?

lockdoc
04-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey Liz!

I made it over from the dark side!!

What are you having shipped to the UK that could cost that much? I need to send some aircraft (communication) parts that way soon and I sure hope the shipping is not that much!!

Rainy day here today so will probably be online most of it! :cry:

justlizz
04-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Its only a few hinges and handles and a few feet of wall matching tape as I wanted it all to match but that is what they quoted me it would all fit in a jiffy bag
The sun is shinning here but it is a bit nippy spent the morning helping daughter and husband put up a trailer tent with no instructions and cut all the paddock as the sit and ride has just been fixed
lizz

lockdoc
04-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I gotta believe that you had a rookie on the phone that got nevous about figuring freight to the UK!? I will check with my local shipper here and see how far off that is. Maybe we can have it shipped to another forum member here in the states and then on to you IF they stick to that quote! Will try and check on that on Monday.

gsadmin
05-03-2006, 09:26 AM
The sun is shinning here but it is a bit nippy spent the morning helping daughter and husband put up a trailer tent with no instructions and cut all the paddock as the sit and ride has just been fixed
lizz

OK, paddock? sit and ride?

someone needs to educate us yankees on these terms...am i the only one?

CampWinican
05-03-2006, 10:54 AM
No, admin, your not. How 'bout it Lizz? What's it mean?

justlizz
05-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry folks I forgot I do try to change things Paddock= small field
Sit and ride = sit on lawn mower(grass cutter)
lizz

lockdoc
05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Lizz-

A follow up to your shipping of parts issue. I checked with my local Drop N Go shipper and he quoted rates from $14.00 to $48.00 depending on the method of shipping and the urgency involved. The $14.00 rate was obviously the slowest and he said he wouldn't be surprised if it took 4 to 6 weeks to get to you.

Have you contacted GS again on this? It would seem they gave you rates for overnight shipping???

Hey thanks for the clarifications too :D ....I once tried asking a gentleman for a bandaid. A what? I asked if he spoke English....."English yes! But I don't know what you are speaking!" Man that was a hoot! He had the bandaid in his pocket/billfold but I had to do a skit to get him to understand me. We were in the Bahamas at the time and a friend cut his foot on coral....so I took my scooter to look for a wrap!

justlizz
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
I have e-mailed GS again and she says she has checked with the parts manager and it is correct $110 but I hope my dealer is sorting some thing out so it will come across with his shipping
lizz

justlizz
05-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Update on $110 shipping I have managed to get in touch with a David Fine and he is looking into it for me
lizz

justlizz
05-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Just had an email $34 for bits sounds a bit better than $110
lizz

lockdoc
05-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Just had an email $34 for bits sounds a bit better than $110
lizz

Yea!!!! Good for you. That sounds a LOT better!! 8)