PDA

View Full Version : Preparing travel trailer for use after winter storage.

streamlite22
02-24-2006, 09:06 AM
My vacation is less than two months away,and need to know how to go about preparing my travel trailer for camping after winter storage. I have
never done it before. I can read the owner manual until I am blue in the face about how to do it,but hands on exoerience would be best. :? For the
first time out,I would rather have someone show me how to do it,such as
my dealer's service dept.

RV Wizard
02-25-2006, 04:32 AM
If you contact your dealer I am sure they would be happy to help you out for a charge. If your walk thru tech is interested in a little moonlighting, so to speak, he might even meet you at the campground and help out. I bet that if you just pulled into a campground and talked to the host they would put you in touch with a real friendly fellow RVer that would love the opportunity to help you out at no charge! I also frequent another website and you may want to check it out for a member there that is camping out at a place you plan to go to and if you asked I bet they would meet you and show you all the ropes. They are real friendly at www.iRV2.com (http://www.iRV2.com)

streamlite22
03-03-2006, 08:42 AM
If you contact your dealer I am sure they would be happy to help you out for a charge. If your walk thru tech is interested in a little moonlighting, so to speak, he might even meet you at the campground and help out. I bet that if you just pulled into a campground and talked to the host they would put you in touch with a real friendly fellow RVer that would love the opportunity to help you out at no charge! I also frequent another website and you may want to check it out for a member there that is camping out at a place you plan to go to and if you asked I bet they would meet you and show you all the ropes. They are real friendly at www.iRV2.com (http://www.iRV2.com)

Thank you,RV Wizard. I have found someone to help me get it up and going. The maintenance man at the campground I frequent quite often
has said he would help me out when I arrive at the campground in April.
I live in the northeast part of Indiana,and camp at Pic-A-Spot Campground
located on the shores of Little Barbee Lake in North Webster,In. They also
have reasonable rates. Overnight lots are on the lake front,though it is
mostly a seasonal facility. Still a good place to camp. They have 30 amp
service along with water/electric hook up. Only drawback is that they do
not have shower facilities,...just out houses. But again,still a nice place to
visit.