PDA

View Full Version : Price of diesel

Beaufort NC
05-30-2009, 04:38 PM
On my travels in the past couple of weeks, it looks like the price of diesel has fallen below that of unleaded regular, at least in some places. Does that seem to be the trend across the country? If so, it's been awhile!!

nuthut
05-30-2009, 09:38 PM
I saw diesel was about a dime cheaper than the lowest priced gas at a place a few days ago. I cant figure out what is going on, considering last spring diesel was priced almost a buck higher per gallon.

fatboylust
05-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Currently here in AZ diesel is also cheaper than regular gas, as for what is going on, well last summer the price of fuel was run up by futures traders/speculation on what the demand would be. Actual supplies and demand was never the issue. This year the futures/speculators are broke and the actual market is running the price. Remember that fuel producers get 26 gallons of gas and 13 gallons of diesel from each barrel of oil. Considering the number of gallons of gas produces each day to meet that demand, there is a lot of diesel on the market. Diesel demand is down due to the slow economy.

GO BLUE
06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Got told by my castrol rep they opened a new large diesel processing plant back in the fall and we would see drop in price they are now producing more than ever....price will stay low unless they stop producing Jim K

coolchas11
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Good news Jim!!!