PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Gulf Stream

SugarRv
06-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Has any one had luck sending email to Gulf Stream? I went to their web site and used their contact form for the service dept., but it keeps coming back as undeliverable.

Greyhound
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
The only way I have any success is go through Bonnie. She will forward your e-mail to respective department/individual. However, even doing that does not mean you will receive a response. I have one e-mail out still waiting for a response. :?
When I was able to get through, the response was it is an IT problem and they were looking into it (that was four months ago), so it sounds as if the IT deparment is still working on it.

RJ82much
06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I am currently at the GS factory... If you need to contact someone, and you know their name, use the initial of their first name and spell out their last name, you'll have their email address.
Then use "@gulfstreamcoach.com" to finish the address.

Or call the 800 number listed on their website. When Ashley answers (it must be Ashley), ask her for names, such as regional service managers. They seem to be very responsive, (& very busy). These guys sit right in the corporate office building, & really know what's going on. They are in regular contact with the decision makers.

I think the phone is the best means of contact. I notice that Aaron, whom I'm working with, is constantly checking his Blackberry.

Good luck

Greyhound
06-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Bob.
It is extremely frustrating even calling, as you are then sent to a voicemail which has the same response as the e-mail IGNORE! If Aaron is constantly checking his "Blackberry" perhaps he will see an inquiry from me regarding generators.
Perhaps you could share this posting with him?
Thanks
Bob

trickto322
06-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Why don't you go to a dealer? The factory is a hard act :cry: . When we were at the factory (last summer) it appeared all they do is make them, thats it. Service and parts are done somewhere else.

mikey52
06-18-2009, 10:32 PM
I have to say that when I have sent a message to Aaron he has been very responsive. As soemone else said, try and let the dealer handle some of the issues if possible.

Greyhound
06-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I will probably go to a dealer to obtain an answer to my question. My complaint with Gulf Stream and Aaron is:
They tell you when your there ( I was there in May) if at anytime you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. That being said, I have on different occassions, attempted to ask a quick question, that going to a dealer makes very little sense.
I am not new to the RV life style and I must admit, this is the first manufacturer I have dealt with that completely ignores the consumer. One can only surmise, that they are doing so well, they don't have a need to respond to those who have purchased their product.
As a full timer, dealers are not always available, so having access to the "home office" is a nice ace in the hole, one that would not be abused.
All I ask is they (Gulf Stream and all associated) practice a dying art known as "customer service".
Bob

univmd
06-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I called Gulfstream 6 times in the last month. Nobody from service ever picked up. Left voicemail every time. No call backs. Simple questions about mirror adjustment and air bag pressure. My dealer is about the same. I gave up and called Freightliner. What a difference, they were so friendly and answered all my questions immediately.

Nanaeve
06-22-2009, 09:36 PM
It seems that you almost have to threaten GS to get anything done. We have sent numerous certified letters before they finally responded and I'm not sure weither it was the threat of Lemon Law action or the BBB that finally got them moving. Our coach was picked up today to go to J and L in Fontana, CA to finally after 6 months get some work done on the leaking slides. Time will tell if this works but we are hoping.

David Bott
06-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Yes, it is TOTALLY AMAZING what you sometimes need to do in order to get customer service. I mean, to be able to ask a question about how something should work or does work should be something they SHOULD be able to help with without question.

Do they not have a customer service department?

I mean, it is also amazing that I am finding that coaches are not even wired the same...or should I say...wired incorrectly. But being able to verify proper operation, something that someone at GS should be able to answer, we seem to have to come to each other to check each others coaches.

diveman52
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
The proper name if Guff Stream, What crap they build