PDA

View Full Version : Looking at used Tourmaster

Anne
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I am new to this board and we are looking to purchase a used 2008 Tourmaster T40B with the Mercedes engine. We are a little leery in case this was traded in due to it having a lot of problems. Does anyone have suggestions of common problems we could look for? Does anyone have any experience with this engine? I notice that it is no longer available. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anne

coolchas11
06-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Anne, Welcome to the Forum. We have a 2007 Tour Master T40C. The Mercedes engine has been fine--no problems at all and it did very well on the Colorado mountains with a tow. The Freightliner of Hartford service manager says he has not encountered any problems. We purchased the TM new and the only major issues we have had were a leak in the slide out hydraulic pump and the rod below the bed which causes the head to raise and lower. I have begun to understand the service manager at our dealer. He says these "homes on wheels" take an incredible beating on roads, highways and campgrounds. As a result, things happen. I would recommend that you drive the rig for an extended period of time and try EVERYTHING no matter how minute it seems. It's a very good and respectable coach. Charlie

Anne
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks Charlie,

That is reassuring. Now, we are getting excited about buying it and going fulltime.

Anne

GO BLUE
06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I got a 07 t40b three years this july only problems have been the passenger side footrest cables break or come out.3 times ...and big slide creeps out when parked for an extended period...they think they fixed it ...hydraulic leak.........engine very powerful.......wholesale value not great...but what is today.........Jim K

univmd
06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Things to be fixed on my new 2008 Tourmaster t40c:

Nothing was holding the fresh water tank in place. So I had to buy locking straps to strap it down, to prevent it from sliding around when braking and accelerating.

A pipe was not fully attached to the fresh water tank, so I had to reattach it to prevent it from leaking more.

Sansui bedroom TV no audio, under repair at Sansui service center.

Condensation in side cameras, blurry view.

Fantastic fan vents stick to their rubber seals, climb on roof to unstick them.

One of the fog lights was not wired, so I reconnected the wire.

Water hose connection behind fridge was leaking, so I applied tape and retightened.

There are two basement doors midway down the coach on the passenger side that will pinch each other, creating a dent/scratches on one of them, if they are not opened in the correct order, when you want to open them both. Just be careful.

That's about it so far:-) I love my coach--James

hyall
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I love mine too no problems other than the ones I cause LOL