PDA

View Full Version : 12V trailer wire on International

dcwinters
07-01-2009, 01:22 PM
I have an Endura on the International Chassis. I have hooked up a electric break for the trailer plug and that works fine. All other portions of the 7 connector plug works except for the 12V supply. One of the connectors is suppose to have 12v on it to supply to the trailer at all times. But mine is not working. Didn't know if this is something I need to hook up like the brake control wires under the dash. I traced the wire as far forward as I could. But I can't tell where it ends.

Any ideas?

pchicky
07-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I checked for a constant 12V at my RV plug and it is connected at the 1:00 position on the plug in the RV.....pull up the plug door and try a test light on the 1:00 position, with the other side grounded. I have a 6400 model and it was hooked up, but can't trace it back to the source of where.

dcwinters
08-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Mine does not have 12v. I tried to trace it back and loss it around the battery area. Not sure where it is not connected.

Thanks, I'll keep looking, or run my own wire to connect to the one that is not working.

allthelarsons
11-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Based on timing I am sure you have remedied this issue, but wanted to post with what I found for anyone else who might want to address this issue. There is a piece of wire missing, which is 24" long +- behind the rear axle which has but splice connectors on both ends, my mechanic said it was left out intentionally. Add the wire, crimp it in and you are good to do, or break out the soldering iron and shrink tube, so you dont have a problem connection to trouble shoot later.

Joe