PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

TSoul
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Just a friendly reminder to make sure that you walk far enought to the front of your motorhome before you walk around it. I unfortunatly forgot to do that today and my driver mirror about knocked me to my knees :shock: .
Now I should point out that I did walk under them just fine when the airbags where aired up or the jacks were down. It just never occured to me that the beast sits lower when aired down. Oh my acking head. I wish my mirrors were the style that hangs from the top down. Oh well. Atleast I didn't need stitches. Happy Camping and don't forget to duck! :roll:

RV Wizard
03-14-2006, 08:38 PM
You don't want the side mirrors that hang down from the top. They are very difficult to see out of, especially for close up blind areas in the convex portion.

TSoul
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Happy Camping.

RJ82much
03-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I too, have the "floppy ear" mirrors. They are worse than useless. I believe Gulf Stream has switched back to conventional bus type.

In additional to the useless convex mirror section, they shake & rattle, are mounted crooked for visibility, & for all that, don't give you much anyway. Oh, they are also a source of loud wind noise.

They look pretty silly too (IMO)

Other than that................... ;))

TSoul
03-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, that is good information and I don't doubt you all at all however, I'd still say at least you can't bang your head on them :D

RJ82much
03-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Hmmmm, good point. For sure if someone does, they're walking way too lightly in their shoes!

TSoul
04-03-2006, 08:17 AM
They got me again on Saturday. ahhhh :cry: . I love them when I am driving but thier a real pain when walking around the front sometimes :oops: . Note to self: DUCK

RV Wizard
04-04-2006, 12:59 AM
You might want to invest in a couple suction cups on mirrors that you can attach a string to and hang a note to remind you to "DUCK"! :lol:

TSoul
04-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Do you think painting them Bright neon orange would look funny on my coach? :mrgreen:

RJ82much
04-04-2006, 08:33 AM
....or wear a stylish bicycle helmet whenever you are camped.

DougG
11-23-2006, 11:39 AM
I too, have the "floppy ear" mirrors. They are worse than useless. I believe Gulf Stream has switched back to conventional bus type.

In additional to the useless convex mirror section, they shake & rattle, are mounted crooked for visibility, & for all that, don't give you much anyway. Oh, they are also a source of loud wind noise.

They look pretty silly too (IMO)

Other than that................... ;))

I also have "floppy ear" mirrors. They shake like an earthquake while driving, especially in the wind. The rear portion of the plastic arm cover blew off while I was driving. A good person following me observed the event, stopped to pick it up, and caught up to me to return the cover. Inspection revealed the two screws that are supposed to hold the cover in place were still in place with a small piece of the cover still attached to the bracket.

Since I found a fracture in the cover on the other side, I removed it also and stored them in a compartment. Now my mirrors look even sillier with the "bones" (support arms) exposed for all to see!

earljan34
11-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey guys do what I did and remove the floppy ear mirrors and install conventional type no more wind noise and no shaking mirrors, Made the test drive and told dealer that I would't take coach with them on so they gave me a set of conventional ones.

Earl

treecounter
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
The "Atrium" parked next to us has the floppy ears and hates them also. I thought they would be better as the arm and mirror make a blind spot for Glub while traveling. Will keep our old fashioned mirrors. Good thing about being short never hit them.