PDA

View Full Version : Recall 2006-2007 Crescendo, TM, & Friendship...

David Bott
07-11-2009, 09:47 AM
From... http://www.rv-recalls.com/?p=16

"Gulf Stream is recalling 29 MY 2006-2007 Crescendo, Tourmaster and Friendship motorhomes built on Freightliner custom chassis with certain Detroit Diesel MBE 900 EPA 04 engines. The high pressure fuel lines and transfer tubes may fatigue and fracture. A fractured fuel line may leak diesel fuel possibly resulting in a fire or fuel may be spilled on the road causing a slippery surface, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash. Gulf Stream is working with Detroit Diesel and will repair vehicles with a more robust line and vibration dampers free of charge please see 08V-668. The recall is expected to begin during May 2009. Owners may contact Detroit Diesel 1- 313-592-3708 or Gulf Stream at 574-289-8787."

Arthur Hayes
07-11-2009, 06:01 PM
David, I believe that Detroit Diesel has contacted the owners of the affected engines. Several of us with them have had the fuel lines replaced already. I had mine done at the Freightliner shop in Flagstaff. It took about 4 hours and that included an oil change and service. There is a Yahoo group site for the Mercedes 926 engines if you want to learn more.

David Bott
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM
I just had seen it and thought I would post it here just in case. :) I am not affected with my 08. (At this time at least. LOL)

rdlamb
07-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I was not aware that GS was utilizing any Detroit Diesels, in their coaches.
Just Cummins and Mercedes.

From the recall notice, I could not determine what coaches were affected. Since I just had (2 days ago) Freightliner service my coach, I am sure the recall does not affect my Cummins.

What GS coach has the Detroit Diesel?

David Bott
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I THINK, note I said THINK, that referrers to Mercedes. I really think I heard that somewhere one time. Detroit Diesel = Mercedes.

rdlamb
07-16-2009, 09:01 PM
I guess that does not surprise me, as Freightliner is (or was) part of Daimler/Chrysler.

But, I think Detroit Diesel is a separate entity. We were just at a Freightliner service center, and they were not a factory authorize Detroit service center. The Inland Truck center serviced Detroit (Peterbuilt, Kenworth, and some other name I forget). Whatever, I saw the recall, and think it needs clarification. Does anyone have a Detroit in a GS product?

Arthur Hayes
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Detroit Diesel markets the Mercedes MB engines. They have been doing this for quite some time. Go on the Detroit Diesel web site.

rdlamb
07-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Art, good to hear from you.

Yes, Detroit markets the Mercedes diesel, but the recall is for Detroit diesels. What I am looking for is the exact site where the recall lists the particular engines, manufacture, and serial numbers. This recall seems limited to Detroit Diesels, not the Mercedes. I do not know that GS uses any Detroit Diesels in their MH production.
Whereas, almost all Prevost chassis have Detroit.

Arthur Hayes
07-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Rick
Detroit markets and services the Mercedes engines and I received my recall notice directly from Detroit Diesel. The notice directed me to take it to the nearest Detroit Diesel dealer, which in my case was the Flagstaff Freightliner dealer. The recall was for certain MB 4000 and MB 900 engines.
Detroit Diesel has utilized these engines for medium duty fleet use such as RVs, Ambulances, buses and medium duty trucks.
If you are registered to access the Freightliner site you can go directly into the Detroit Diesel site and view the list. I did it but don't ask me how. That site also has a video showing the the mechanics how to do the fuel line change.
Art

rdlamb
07-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Art, thank you for the info. I have friends in TM's with the MB engines. I wanted to make sure that the Detroit recall was for a Mercedes, before I asked them to check on this recall.

I learned another new thing today! Thank you.