PDA

View Full Version : Ac help please

Ga42
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
We rented a gs class c rv for a family vacation. We are travelling from Texas to north Carolina. Problem is the back room is not cooling. Ac in front and kitchen area blows cold but the back room isn't cooling. Pls any help is appreciated. Kids and wife growing a bit ansty and I don't want to end up the third story on the evening news. I am obviously an rv novice and need any help you can provide. Thanks.

Nanaeve
07-16-2009, 08:14 PM
May sound basic, but make sure it is on Cool and not Fan, also don't turn it way down 60 D. it could freeze up the AC, set it to a reasonal temp. 70-75 and leave it there, if you set it too low you may need to defrost it, try setting it higher 80 D and lowering it 5 D at a time every 1/2 hr, if that works find a temp and leave it there. If the fan is blowing, its not the power, check with the place you rented from or the manual, book from the rental. They often are good for this kind of thing. Also, there may be two thermostats, check them both. Good Luck!

mfa
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Don't know if it is like mine, but the plastic grid right below the AC unit can slide left-right to open/close. When it is open, virtually all the cold air dumps out there and there is no back pressure in the system to force it to the other vents. You need to close it to get cold air to the other areas.

Ga42
07-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks to you both looks like it was on fan had it down too low of a temp ands oters kept grid Jammed open. Much cooler now may be able to sleep with both eyes closed now! Of course it's cooler outside now too so I guess well see tomorrow. Thanks again