PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic fan rain sensor

holmesaw
07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Has anyone had a problem with their fantastic fan not closing when it rains. We were at the fmca rally in bowling green and big rain storm came up during the night and we had a big puddle in the kitchen when the fan did not close. I went up on the roof and cleaned the sensor off and it now seems to work when I tested it. :cry:

GStream40
07-28-2009, 09:01 PM
I would call Fantastic Vent and describe what happened and ask them what you should do to make sure that it does not happen again.
They have a lifetime warranty on their vent fans and with my experience with them in the past, they probably sent you what ever part(s) that are needed to make sure that it does not happen again.

They are the best company that makes an RV product in the industry, they stand behind their vent fans.

Ron

holmesaw
07-28-2009, 09:05 PM
They were at the FMCA rally in Bowling Green and told me how to clean the sensor. It worked when I tested but am still waiting for a rainstorm to test for real.

GStream40
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
You could always use a garden hose using a fine mist to test it.

holmesaw
07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Spit worked just fine. It rained today anyway so I got an honest test. Worked fine.

GStream40
08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Would you mind telling how you cleaned the sensor and with what?
Ron

holmesaw
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Cleaned it with a pencil eraser. Worked fine after that.
Up on the roof only had two things to test it with, so I chose spit.

David Bott
08-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Also consider a MaxxAir vent cover model 900 if you care to use the vent in the rain or when traveling. Just a thought...nothing to do with the thread. Well kinda, but not really. :)