PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water tank leak

kenbob208
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM
We just got home from a trip to the mountains in North Carolina. I was removing everything from the basement and saw water tripping from the front of the water tank.

After closer inspection I can see a very small crack in the bottom of the tank.Coach is an 07 model with only 8,000 miles on it.Has anyone else had this problem?We live in Florida so water freezing in the tank is not the cause and nothing was rubbing against the tank either.

Plan on calling Gulf Stream on Monday hoping not to get the I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do line.

galena
08-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Don't you have a Super Nova?

jenniferhoops
05-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Try to fix that crack with some fixers or if not possible then consult with a professional plumber. Only he can help you.

Timothy
05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
I have heard that you can use eternabond tape to repair water tanks, might be worth a try.

JoeS
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM
This is why you should always install a tankless water heater. This way you wont run into any cracked water heaters leaking in you 100k+ RV. I know of a great tankless water heater site that I use: and the link is at http://www.wholesaletankless.com/free-s ... -p-52.html (http://www.wholesaletankless.com/free-shipping-rinnai-r75lse-efficiency-exterior-unit-p-52.html). I heard about tankless water heater about 10years ago from Bob Vila show.

Timothy
05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Joe and Jennifer, do us all a favor and go peddle your spam somewhere else.

JoeS
05-27-2011, 11:47 AM
what spam I'm replying to the post about the leaking water heater. I linked a site that I have used before. I'm not needless spamming content across the forums. That is what spam is mass replys filled with trash. Learn what spam is before accusing someone of it.

03heritagerider
05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that kenbob208 was referring to his fresh water holding tank. Those can be patched. A water heater can't.

Timothy
05-30-2011, 08:10 PM
what spam I'm replying to the post about the leaking water heater. I linked a site that I have used before. I'm not needless spamming content across the forums. That is what spam is mass replys filled with trash. Learn what spam is before accusing someone of it.

Take the links out of your sig or pay for your advertising. I know what spam is, your dealing off subject and pushing products unrelated to the subject ,along with the advertising link in your signature set me off. Sorry if I am mistaken. What kind of Gulf Stream product do you own?

JoeS
06-01-2011, 11:50 AM
If you don't want to see what my link is then don't click it. I'm not spamming advertising in my message. That is spam when I advertise in my message if you don't want to see the signature then turn off signatures. I'm not forcing you to click my link, but my link is for ppl who want to customize their Rv's which is useful for an rv site. If I had a link that was tennis shoes then it would be spam. What would you rather have a Link in my post in every post that I make or a signature that really doesn't mean anything unless you click the link.

Timothy
06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
You didn't answer my question. As for the link in your sig, it doesnt work anyway lol. I did find the site and it is rv related so my apologies to you.

Natalia10
11-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Hi,
Great resource for educators as well! A concrete tank was also a lot of benefits from other construction materials of the tank. Its first advantage is that is made to last for the environment. Some water tanks is not compatible with changes in temperature and climate make these visitors to collect water is unlikely to mold and algae. A concrete tank was exactly the same materials as the houses so you can be sure not to spill or explosion due to environmental changes. That's a great collection!

Hippy
11-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh brother!!