PDA

View Full Version : Location of windshield washer pump '96 Sun Voyager

dmmhelton
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi all, this is my first post. Just bought a '96 Sun Voyager diesel pusher. The windshield washer isn't working...wipers work fine when I push the wash button, but no fluid sprays.

Previous owner covered the top of the front firewall compartment with expanding foam into which the washer fluid hose disappears. Before I go ripping into all the foam, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the pump is located.

Thanks.

jrrose41
09-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Mine is located in the WW bottle

dmmhelton
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks Jack. I had heard from owners of other rvs that their pump was in their reservoir, but I didn't see and wires or the pump itself on my reservoir. Your confirmation convinced me to finally go take it off and look. Sure enough the pump and wires are burried on the back side of the bottle where I couldn't see them. Thanks!

dmmhelton
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Traced wires to module then to wiper switch, but wiring is not at all obvious. Maint records show module was replaced a few years ago. Appears switch was worked on. So my next target is the switch. Anyone know of a compatible switch replacement? Anyone have a wiring schematic for the wiper switch and module?

jrrose41
01-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Any type of momentary switch (Radio Shack) should work. Just find a handy place to mount it.