PDA

View Full Version : GULF STREAM SUN VOYAGER 1992

snee
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Anybody got an idea what is the unladen weight of this vehicle. I've looked on the tag in the press and it says GVW equals 18000. The problem is it does'nt identify the units of measurement i.e. lbs or kgs.
I would really appreciate some advice on this as Im new to this kind of thing
Seamus

tucson_sailors
10-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Anybody got an idea what is the unladen weight of this vehicle. I've looked on the tag in the press and it says GVW equals 18000. The problem is it does'nt identify the units of measurement i.e. lbs or kgs.
I would really appreciate some advice on this as Im new to this kind of thing
Seamus

I've got a 1991. I'll check the tag and see if its specifies. If it was made for export, I would think they would use the kgs, but if it was gray-market, it could be lbs.

Trying to imagine how you are going to drive that on Irish roads. I had a rent-a-jetta last time I visited my folks and that was terrifying enough!

Glenn in Tucson, AZ, USA.
(originally from Dromore, Down)

tucson_sailors
10-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Looks like you have lbs, rather than kilos. Found my slip, and it lists 18000 as well, and in the USA in 1991, only a import vehicle would have metric measurements. I've got a picture of the my slip and the owners manual list of weight for options if you want to compare.

Best of luck with your caravan!

Glenn in Tucson