PDA

View Full Version : Need lots of help

bruceteri
10-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi: Purchased a 1994 Gulfsyream Scenic Cruiser about 3 months ago and have had problems. The latest one is as follows. About 2 weeks ago I parked it and yesterday I went out to do some small repairs and found I had no power. I plugged into 110V 15 amp. and still no power. The inverter/charger light didn't come on. No motor, no lights, no generator. No nothing. This is my problem now but have many questions and no owners manual. Found this forum and hoping to get some help.

Thanks Bruce

David Bott
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the site.

I do not have a rig like yours, but wanted to more or less says it sounds like one of the main breakers is off or the house or chassis cut off switches are off. Not that you would not have thought of that...but their are many in an RV. If you are plugged in, you would have some power unless a breaker was off or, if you have one, your transfer switch could be an issue.

Just thoughts.

RJ82much
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Bruce,

I think David is dead-on correct about the main disconnect(s) being off. If your unit is stone-cold dead, it's generally the rocker-switches just inside the main entry door - one is for the house & the other for the engine.

In my Sun Voyager, Gulf Stream must have forgotten (hah!!) to label the "on" & "off" side of the rocker switch, so I have to try them both ways till I see something turn on.