PDA

View Full Version : Class A vs Class C

Family man
10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Hello to all,

I am looking to buy a used RV (2002-2008/30'-40') and am prepared to spend $100,000 +/-. The question is a GS Class A or Class C.

This will be for the family, and ideally sleep 8 or more. And my preference is diesel. I know there are advantages and disadvantages to both, just need help identifying what characteristics that I should be looking for.

In advance, THANKS!

Dave

Texas TC
10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
This has been discussed several times on different forums. It usually comes down to whether you want to drive a truck or a bus. Personally, I have driven both and prefer the truck. The class C also gives you (on most models) the benefit of the bed over the cab. Some of the new A models are now adding a pull-down bed above the front seats so that ends that advantage.

You really need to drive both and decide which one works best for your family.

JimBob
10-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Full disclosure- I currently drive a C+ Gulfstream Super Nova, and have driven and owned 3 Class A's also.

As my pal Texas TC says, you should drive both and carefully compare the features and options that you are looking for. I am a C+ convert, primarily for the ease of making repairs and the plusses of air bags, better fuel economy, and other reasons.

I also believe that C+ units will better hold their value- but the biggest reason we drive a Nova is its ease in handling, so much so that my wife drives about 60% of the time....

Members of the forum will happily answer any specific questions you might raise- and be willing to offer their opinions also!

Enjoy!
JimBob
08 Super Nova
08 Malibu
About ready to winter in St Augustine Fl.
http://jimbobmissbetteandbuster.blogspot.com

OldMasterTech
11-11-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm trying to picture 8 people in my GS 31' class C - even if they were all very small I would sleep on the roof.........