PDA

View Full Version : Changing Headlight Bulb

artistswife
11-10-2009, 09:14 AM
2008 Gulfstream Independence. Has anyone ever changed a headlight bulb, if so how do you remove the headlamp to get to the bulb?

bob3nliz
11-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I had to crawl under MH and remove from behind. Mine has a socket for bulb that you twist out of housing. [not to easy] 2007 Independence :) Bob

artistswife
11-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Thank you for your response.
Our son (6'4 with long arms) was able to reach in through the front and remove it. Found the bulb at Advanced Auto, he put it back in and all is well...for now anyway.

tucson_sailors
11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Not as big a deal out here in the dusty SW, but you folks that live where that mysterious water from the sky thing happens may want to invest in a tube of "dielectric tune-up grease" for marker lights and such. A little bit on the contacts and base will have 2 positive effects.

1. Weatherproofing to some degree against rain and condensation.
2. Keeps the bulb from "freezing" in the socket, and thus being well-nigh impossible to remove.

I've been putting a light (very, very little) coat on marker lights, headlight electrical prongs, etc. on my various vehicles for many years, and its a cheap insurance policy against having to replace something by the side of the road somewhere.

**Note: Do *not* get grease on the glass part of the bulb. Bad things happen.**

Glenn in Tucson