PDA

View Full Version : black water level indicators

hyall
11-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Hy-all

Can someone tell me where the probes to the black tank are located, want to upgrade it to something better.
07 t40b tormaster

coolchas11
11-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Why do you want to upgrade? I've found that the sensors can get pretty dirty, but once cleaned they work fine. Charlie

GO BLUE
11-27-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree once I'm at a track and have to pump out sometimes the gauge is still reading 3/4 full but when I get home and flush it always goes back to empty I guage the fullness on the road by the gray tank ....it is always full before the black and those sensors stay correct.....Jim k

hyall
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah- they do read empty after dump and cleaning, But whats happening just a couple of uses of hall toilet it reads 2/3 full knowing just couple of flushes that not much waste and water, I been backflushing it and also using a jet flush that I use commerically and doesn't remedy the problem, that tank has to b spotless by now LOL

David Bott
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi...

In the tank dump area you have that white plastic wall. The tanks and probes are right behind that wall. The wall is in two sections and many screws. The top part comes out without an issue, the bottom section is harder to get out.

I replaced all my probes in the black and gray tanks with these...

http://www.rvprobes.com/home.html

Have not had an issue from that time! You will need to drill new holes right next the to current ones as the ones GS used are not removable. Then use the same wires. Very simple to do. Not to worry. (Just make sure your tanks are empty!!!! LOL) THe worst part IMHO was getting the white panels off and back on.

NOTE...their are two differnt probes, one type for the gray tank and the other for the black. One set of 4 for each tank type. They are not cheep...IMHO...but I am SO HAPPY I took the time to do it with these.

hyall
11-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey thank you David

that is what I'm excatly lookin at I'm glad you installed that product great

David Bott
11-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Might I also suggest that after you install them, do not yet put back the walls. I say this for you are going to want to be sure each new probe does not leek and you can only do that when the takes fill up. I checked mine when it hit each point and did not empty until I knew it was good to go. Then I put back the walls. (as you will see, and as mentioned, it really was the worst part.)

babyrattles
12-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I have a 2006 tourmaster, also getting false readings, and we have never put TP in the system. I will also order the probes. Thanks!

David Bott
12-01-2009, 06:54 PM
"and we have never put TP in the system."

Really? I really do not want to know the details of that. ;)

BTW...Welcome to the site.

GO BLUE
12-02-2009, 08:20 AM
babyrattles......FYI corncobs will not pass thru the dumping valves unless you cut them to about two inches ..thats what I was told....good luck with that....jim k

hyall
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
babyrattles......FYI corncobs will not pass thru the dumping valves unless you cut them to about two inches ..thats what I was told....good luck with that....jim k

LOL

RayHarkness
12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
"and we have never put TP in the system."

Really? I really do not want to know the details of that. ;)

BTW...Welcome to the site.

I concur with that thought!!!!!!!!

Beaufort NC
12-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I always figure that if I still have water, the holding tanks are probably not full!

David Bott
12-04-2009, 06:19 PM
I always figure that if I still have water, the holding tanks are probably not full!

LOL, so true! But we as humans do make more waist that can full the tanks. :)

Beaufort NC
12-04-2009, 07:45 PM
[quote="Beaufort NC":wdjlo76d]I always figure that if I still have water, the holding tanks are probably not full!

LOL, so true! But we as humans do make more waist that can full the tanks. :)[/quote:wdjlo76d]

I hadn't thought about it that way. Maybe I'd better get bigger tanks! :D

hyall
12-09-2009, 07:42 AM
hy-all

did the same installation or modification to the black tank upgrading the probes. Very easy upgrade, did have to drill the 3/8 holes for each probe no problems just recommened if you install thes Horst Probes from RVProbes don't torx them tight its not necessary and do a pressure test for leaks before buttoning up

RayChez1
12-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I used to have the same problem until I discovered to use Happy Camper. It is the best thing you can use on the black and gray tanks. When you dump their are no solids, it will turn everything back into water and the smell is gone. I have not had any problems with the tank reading since I started using the stuff. You can get it through the internet.