PDA

View Full Version : 1987 gulfstream sunstream 34ft

Rikk Mallory
11-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi all, My name is Rikk , living in the UK.
I own a 1987 Gulfstream Sunstream, which I am renovating, on a John Deere chassis, of which I am told is now Oshkosh . I have hit a problem or two , Ive found the parking brake release but no idea how to apply the brake! I feel kinda dumb as the rest of the renovation has gone well even the total refit of the missing interior!.
I dont have a wiring diagram for the chassis nor can I get one. Can anyone help?.
Ive been trying to find someone who is parting out a similar coach that has the ceiling units for my coleman mach 3 AC units, real hard to find in the Uk.
I appreciate any help I can get, I'm too far from the US .
regards
Rikk Mallory

tucson_sailors
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I'll have to verify, but thought the ebrake on my rig was automatic when you put the selector in park. I've got a 91 Sun Voyager also on the JD/Oshkosh chassis, but I've only just bought it, and haven't had a lot of behind the wheel time yet.

As for the A/C units, rather than try to match the Mach III, I would look into any sort of rooftop a/c unit. On previous RV's I have had Mach III units, and its all the same to wire a different unit in, if you can't get spares for the Coleman units. I've got a new A/C unit that I'll be putting in place of the one in the front part of the rig, I'll post how much of a PITA it is to replace. :)

Cheers and good luck with the redo - I'm about to start my own, so its good to hear that you're went well with just those provisios!

Cheers,

Glenn in Tucson, AZ USA.

tucson_sailors
11-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Just to confirm for anyone who searches for this issue. The parking/emergency brake on my 1991 34' Sun Voyager is deactivated when I put the unit in drive.

Drove it down to my house this last weekend, and I checked that specifically.

Glenn

tucson_sailors
12-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Check out this thread for a potential source of parts.

viewtopic.php?t=1927 (http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=1927)

Glenn