PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Location??

tcrsolutions
12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi all! Just picked up a 1995 GulfStream Scenic Cruiser with the Cummins 5.9 Diesel with low miles and it was maintained like a car (previous owner was doing oil changes/service every 2000 miles and has all the receipts). I just took care of changing the oil and oil filter myself and picked up the fuel filters. I see the one fuel filter underneath the engine, almost parallel with the Oil Filter. It is a Fleetguard 1251 Fuel Filter. However, in all of the receipts from the previous owner, there was a second Fuel Filter that was changed, Fleetguard FS-1242-B. I don't see this filter anywhere. Is it possible I need to remove the bed to get at it from above or is this filter located somewhere else?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

RayChez1
12-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser but yours sounds like it is completely different then mine. I have the Cat engine and it has only one two micron filter and water/separator way in the rear between the end cap and the radiator. Sorry, don't know much about Cummins engines.

Madem Zen
08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
I have a 1994 5.9 with the exact same question! Any help will be great!

RayChez1
08-22-2010, 10:36 PM
If I was you guys I would call the chassis builder. You either have the Spartan or Freightlliner, most likely it is a Spartan and ask them where the second fuel filter is. Most have one on top of the engine with a pump attachment in case you have to prime the system. And then it would probably also have a filter water separator on the extreme rear of the coach right outside the radiator. Like I posted before, mine only has one on the rear, outside the radiator. It is very easy to change out. :D

tcrsolutions
08-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a 1994 5.9 with the exact same question! Any help will be great!

Madem Zen, did you find it? I did eventually find it. It is under there and is way up there. You have to crawl under to see it, but it is there and you don't need to access from under the bed. Also, once you do the fuel filter changes, be prepared to push the primer bulb about 400+ times, even after filling both filters up with diesel.

Roger
09-01-2010, 08:05 PM
If it is a spartan chassis, they have on line service pages that show what & when to service, it is downloadable,I have found it quite informative