PDA

View Full Version : First time buyer needs help!!!!!

Oldiron
12-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Looking to buy a 2005 Gulfstream Conquest Ultra Class C (Super C)
Have found the unit and it seams to be a realy good one low miles (27000) gas burnner. 2 slides, 34',king bed,one aircondition and so on....
What to look for and what to ask?
Is these somthing that would work for a first timer.
Need all the input and wisdom that I can get..

mfa
12-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Depending on where you will do most of your use of it, one AC unit on a rig that big will be very marginal, IMO. I have a 2006 32' Ultra with one AC unit and it struggles to keep things comfortable here in Florida in the summer. It will run continously from mid-morning to early evening just to keep the temp around 80.

Here's a good checklist (http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:buying-a-used-motorhome&catid=15:checklists&Itemid=45).

Oldiron
12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks, for the air comment. Ive been told it would have to work realy hard to do it in the heat we have in Arkansas. But what are some of the other things I need to be worryed about? Is it even the one I need to be looking at? The price on the unit $45,000.00 sounds good to me. But don't wont it to not be what I need or be alot of troubles just because it was a good price......
Need help..... Need in put........

mfa
12-29-2009, 12:16 PM
...Need help..... Need in put........

Did you notice the link to the "Buying a Used Motorhome" checklist that I put in my first response?

The tires for that motorhome were probably made in 2004. Many experienced RVers recommend you only use tires for six years, regardless of treadwear. That's a significant expense that you will have in the next year or two that you might want to factor in.