PDA

View Full Version : Manual for leveling system

50kw
04-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi group,

I am very new at this. I have a new 2006 Sun voyager 8351 that has a Power Gear leveling system. I do not know what the model number is because there was no manual delivered with the RV.

I am having trouble getting the RV level. I seems that whatever I do it becomes more unlevel left to right.

I need operating instructions and/or the model number. If I had the model number I could possibly look it up on the internet.

Duncan

RV Wizard
04-14-2006, 03:42 AM
The model number will be on the touch pad of the controlls. You should be able to download the manual from power gear website as you said. If you cannot let me know the model and I can get the info for you. Take care.

50kw
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
RV Wizard,

The levers appear to be Power Gear (Dewald) 140-1179. I was able to get the service manual from their web site. I could not locate the operators manual. If you could supply the operations manual I would be greatful.

Using the directions from another model I was able to get the RV almost level in just a few minutes. I have to get some blocks to put under the rear jacks as it is somewhat lower than the front.

Many thanks for your help. I have learned a lot from your other postings here and else where. Thanks for sharing.

Duncan

RV Wizard
04-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Duncan, Here is a link to the pdf. file for the owners manual for your system. This manual also covers two others and the only difference is the control pads. http://powergearus.com/DATA/operations% ... system.pdf (http://powergearus.com/DATA/operations%20manual%20for%20dewald%20hydraulic%20l eveling%20system.pdf)

50kw
04-16-2006, 11:47 AM
RV Wizard,

The link worked perfectly. Being an engineer I am more comfortable having information available. I do not like to operate or work on anything that I no information about. I try to remember what I don't know. Keeps me out of expensive trouble.

It can also be very valueable to have this information when I am on the road. Some of the small towns I travel to as part of my work has no motel or RV service available. There is one that does have RV service. It is a dirt yard and a single bay "service center". The next nearest RV service is about 60 miles away.

Many thanks,

Duncan

RV Wizard
04-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Duncan, glad I could help out. Good luck and enjoy!

Willaim Pace
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Duncan, Here is a link to the pdf. file for the owners manual for your system. This manual also covers two others and the only difference is the control pads. http://powergearus.com/DATA/operations% ... system.pdf (http://powergearus.com/DATA/operations%20manual%20for%20dewald%20hydraulic%20l eveling%20system.pdf)

RV Wizard I too am looking for the owners manual, but when I go to the link is says the page is no longer available. Any other way you know to get the manual? Thanks Bill

MAJWayne88
08-16-2020, 08:36 AM
"The model number will be on the touch pad of the controlls. You should be able to download the manual from power gear website as you said. If you cannot let me know the model and I can get the info for you."

The touch pad on my 2006 Gulfstream Yellowstone only has a P/N for the control pad itself. I can not locate the model number for the Power Gear leveling system itself, anywhere. I've searched all the posted .pdf documents, the Power Gear website, and google searched every which way to try and locate an operators/service/installation manual, but can't find anything. Can any of you RV experts help??

Chuck v
08-16-2020, 10:11 AM
Wayne,

I have collected some documents that might help. Here are some instructions on how to level and hat the error codes mean -- all this is relative to the control panel display:

The second group of documents is parts breakdown centric and may help you identify the mechanisms of your slide or slides...

These documents overlap quite a bit, but should give you some indication of the variations in systems out there...

Chuck

MAJWayne88
08-16-2020, 03:56 PM
Chuck V....thank you very much! Just what the doctor ordered!!