PDA

View Full Version : manabloc plumbing manifold

jshelley13
01-14-2010, 06:56 AM
I have a 2007 tourmaster w/ a manabloc water manifold....after draining systems,blowing air thru lines......"now"..no hot water?, hot water is getting to the manifold, but not being distributed thru?..any thoughts?thks Jim

Arthur Hayes
01-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I am sure that you checked all valves but the only thing that I can think of is that you have some valves closed on the manifold.

David Bott
01-14-2010, 10:31 AM
That would be my guess is that the close off for the hot water got closed when you were working on the system or maybe the bypass.

jshelley13
01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
thks guys, I have now been told that it probably is the bypass.J

TNTraveler
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Don't worry your not the first to forget that u closed the bypass. First time I winterized forgot to reopen the hot water tank and when we went for a trip a couple of wks later, tried to take shower but NO hot water. That sure froze my @@lls. Had to wait till the morning to find out what was wrong forgot to bring a flashlight this trip. Boy, that check list sure looks great when u use it. :oops:

jshelley13
01-16-2010, 10:31 AM
thks guys, I have also found out that in order for the hot water to be distributed, the #9 port on my manifold represents the water heater......the cold port is to be open & the hot side "opposite port" to be off....who would have thought that?...but it works....Jim

RayChez1
01-16-2010, 11:37 PM
thks guys, I have also found out that in order for the hot water to be distributed, the #9 port on my manifold represents the water heater......the cold port is to be open & the hot side "opposite port" to be off....who would have thought that?...but it works....Jim

Well it is good to know. Since I live in California and never travel to real cold part of the country, I have never had to deal with the manifold. Only thing I do in that compartment is change the EverPure water filter. And we use our coach year round, so we don't have to use those small valves at the base of the manifold.

jshelley13
01-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I have not gotten into this filter yet, when I got the coach, the existing filter was laying down in the compartment....where can I get info on how to use, & maintenance...thks ...jim

TNTraveler
01-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Camping World carries them. They are expensive. Also you should have a plug so when u blow the system take out the filter and install the plug.

RayChez1
01-19-2010, 08:35 PM
I have not gotten into this filter yet, when I got the coach, the existing filter was laying down in the compartment....where can I get info on how to use, & maintenance...thks ...jim

If you already have the filter, all you have to do is unscrew the cap where it goes and remove it and screw the new filter in. That is a two micron filter and they are around forty dollars. Very good filter.

jshelley13
01-19-2010, 10:19 PM
thks....will get into tomorrow...j

lilieyen10
07-19-2010, 01:27 AM
I think you should check the valve, pipes and tubes of your tourmaster first. If the leakage is still there, it is better if you call the professional plumber.

GO BLUE
07-20-2010, 07:35 AM
I just bought the filter a CW yesterday ...members price $36.95...looked at lowes home depot and hardware stores no one had them jim k

TNTraveler
07-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Glad to see someone else did the same thing when they winterized their rig. Went on a trip a couple of weeks later and no hot water. Still daylight so was able to look for the problem. Some how I shut off the hot water valve and presto HOT water. Like u said you would have thought of having the hot water valve off and cold on to get hot water. The problem I'm having now is that there is a hot water faucet on the sink where you are supposed to get instant hot water for making tea etc. Check under the sink and see no dispenser or electrical hook up. Followed the water line and it goes back under the floor to Who knows were. Does anyone else have this dispenser and if yes how does it work?

jshelley13
07-24-2010, 09:31 PM
yes I have the same thing "for instant hot", but leads to who knows where, I am planning on sending an email to gulfstream....js

GStream40
07-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Glad to see someone else did the same thing when they winterized their rig. Went on a trip a couple of weeks later and no hot water. Still daylight so was able to look for the problem. Some how I shut off the hot water valve and presto HOT water. Like u said you would have thought of having the hot water valve off and cold on to get hot water. The problem I'm having now is that there is a hot water faucet on the sink where you are supposed to get instant hot water for making tea etc. Check under the sink and see no dispenser or electrical hook up. Followed the water line and it goes back under the floor to Who knows were. Does anyone else have this dispenser and if yes how does it work?

If you are talking about a small diameter faucet with a lift up handle, that is for filtered water to be used for drinking, making tea, coffee, ETC.
It is not hot water, just filtered watered that comes from your water filter, at least that is the way it is on my present GS coach and it was also that way on my previous GS coach.

Ron

TNTraveler
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Received the following reply from Gulf Stream about the "Hot Water Dispenser"

Leo,

Yep, it is original equipment, but no it?s not a hot water dispenser. This fixture was intended to be a ?filtered? fresh water dispenser, plumbed from the outlet side of the screw on filter in the lower compartment bay.

Mystery solved, but no hot water for making tea, sorry.

Scott

jshelley13
07-31-2010, 08:57 PM
thanks , will check out the plbng from filter....j