PDA

View Full Version : Bought GS Class A and it is at GVWR empty!!

sd1209
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
I bought a 2006 GS Class A, 30' Independence model a few months back...6000 miles, XLNT shape.....I have not added anything to the MH yet, gettting ready for a big trip this summer.....No tools, clothing, dishes, etc...Half tank fuel, no water, empty holding tanks...It is virtually empty...

I took it to a CAT scale to get weighed empty and it is at GVW on the front axle, empty....(7000 lbs).....If I add anything at all it will be over in the front..Plenty of cushion on the drive axle.....

How can a mfg sell something like this?? I have been so frustrated by GS and their total lack of cust service...(another story altogether)....It is really a shame because we love the MH but I cannot understand the cust service issue let alone how anyone can sell something like this with no regard for GVW ratings.....

Has anyone heard of this with other mfgs???? I never thought that I would have to check GVW ratings before purchase on any MH built in the past 20 yrs or so.....

Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca

Timothy
01-22-2010, 08:34 PM
A freind of mine had a Georgie Boy swinger with the same problem. He also had a Pace Arrow that was very close.
I think you mean GAWR not GVWR.

mfa
01-22-2010, 08:47 PM
..I took it to a CAT scale to get weighed empty and it is at GVW on the front axle, empty....(7000 lbs).....If I add anything at all it will be over in the front..Plenty of cushion on the drive axle....
Steve and Liz
Fallbrook, Ca

Not a big consolation, but if you put your added weight to the rear of the drive axle, it will reduce the weight on the front axle...