PDA

View Full Version : coaxial connector in bedroom

hyall
02-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Hey

In our T40B tourmaster there is a additional coaxial cable connector in the compartment below the TV (this connector is by it self) is it a Sat from the doom on the roof or from the utility compartment outside for cable? I would like to add additional Sat receiver in the bedroom

TNTraveler
02-03-2010, 06:49 PM
You can check it with a continuity checker to see where it goes. That's what I had to do with my rig when I started remodeling it. Had a lot of wires and cable from the previous owner and didn't know were they went.

David Bott
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi...

That would be from the sat dome on the roof. The AUX outside connector come into the front where the gear is. The bad part, at least in our AUX connection, is it was pushed behind the false wall. So you should be all set as the one you mention should be from the dome.

However, be in known that you need to watch the same sat that the front tuner is watching as the dome can only point to one sat at a time. Not the same channel, but the same sat which will carry different channels. Your main receiver controls the dome movement and their is a special process for setting up the second receiver to be usable. So be sure to look at the instructions that came with the sat dome for instructions on this.

hyall
02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks

Hi...

That would be from the sat dome on the roof. The AUX outside connector come into the front where the gear is. The bad part, at least in our AUX connection, is it was pushed behind the false wall. So you should be all set as the one you mention should be from the dome.

However, be in known that you need to watch the same sat that the front tuner is watching as the dome can only point to one sat at a time. Not the same channel, but the same sat which will carry different channels. Your main receiver controls the dome movement and their is a special process for setting up the second receiver to be usable. So be sure to look at the instructions that same with the sat dome for instructions on this.

hyall
02-07-2010, 04:24 PM
well the hidden jack under the bedroom tv is a addition sat connection from the roof sat which has a dual LNB I just finish installing the second receiver works great

thanks for the help