PDA

View Full Version : Where do you store your sewer hose?

TNTraveler
02-03-2010, 07:01 PM
When I had my TT it was stored in the rear bumper. When I purchased current RV the owner had put a 4" pvc drain pipe in the basement and stored the sewer hose in that. It was capped on both ends. My red sewer hose won't fit for the tits on the end won't go into the pvc. I looked for a 4 1/2 or 5" dia but so far no luck. Currently I lock the both ends together, especially when its cold out and you don't want to mess with it, and store it in the basement. Looking at making something to install on the rear of the rig to store the sewer hose, less worry about germs. Looking for ideals and was wondering how you store your sewer hose :?: :idea:

nuthut
02-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Mine stays in the bottom of the water bay. No sanitary issues. There is a built-in storage for the slinky there also, but I use one that has the locking collar so the 'ears' of the collar will not fit into it.

Fl Mike
02-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Same as Nuthut; we have a channel in the water bay for the hose. The end with the connection hangs out a little so the whole think fits nicely. I flush the channel with water when doing the clean up (drain in the back of the channel) so it does not create a smell....

Michael

GStream40
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Same as Nuthut; we have a channel in the water bay for the hose. The end with the connection hangs out a little so the whole think fits nicely. I flush the channel with water when doing the clean up (drain in the back of the channel) so it does not create a smell....

Michael

Same as Fl Mike and Nuthut.

Ron

GStream40
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Michael

Same as Fl Mike and Nuthut.

Ron

David Bott
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
We installed a Sani-con, no issue with storage of that hose. :)

RayChez1
02-15-2010, 11:11 PM
I also have a place in the water bay for the sewer hose, but I have never used it because I don't think it would fit with the end connections. I can see where a hose without the connectors would fit, but how many RVers have the hoses without the connectors? Not to many, it would be a hassle screwing on a connector everytime you use the coach. So I have never used it. They should have made it bigger in diameter so that you could store the sewer hose with the connectors on.

treecounter
04-17-2010, 10:14 AM
WE went with the "Sewer Solution" Carry 30 ft. of hose and the fittings in the water compartment with the water hose and OS system. Use the 10 ft. 3 inch hose when we are at a "dump" station as the Sewer Solution is slow. The 3 inch is stored in the molded compartment made for it. It has only one fitting on it for connecting to the drain valve the other end just goes into the dump drain. Have had the same system for seven years..

bschiano
05-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Went to the plumbing supply store and purchased two pieces of 4" dia. PVC. One 5foor and the other 7 foot. Slid them both in the water bay compartment. capped with rubber ends. One end locked the other slips on and off. Now I carry two hose sizes , 10 foot and 20 foot. I also drilled small holes in the rubber ends for air circulation. Works great, hoses fit nicely, and there out of the way.