PDA

View Full Version : Power gear jacks changing position

rescue7
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
I have been parked with the jacks down for two weeks. In the last two days noticed the rear left jack had extended to the point the left rear tire was off the ground. I have not had chassis breaker or ignition switch on. Just leveled again this morning and will keep tabs on the jacks.
Has anyone had this problem.

Thanks

Don

mfa
03-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Has there been a large temperature swing over that time period?

rescue7
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
From the time of setup we have gone up 35 degrees, Thats a possibility.
Also we had 2 nights of 40 to 50 mph winds pushing on that side.Could be possible of all that making a change.

Don

RayChez1
03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
If the jacks are working properly, they should maintain where ever you set them. IF your jack retracted some with nobody touching the controls, then you have a bad cup on your jack. Wind should not affect them at all.

mfa
03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
... IF your jack retracted some with nobody touching the controls, then you have a bad cup on your jack...

I think he said that the jack EXTENDED over a two-week period with no power to the system...

RayChez1
03-18-2010, 09:23 PM
... IF your jack retracted some with nobody touching the controls, then you have a bad cup on your jack...

I think he said that the jack EXTENDED over a two-week period with no power to the system...

Now that is impossible to extend without power. I figured he had just made a honest mistake. Yea, that is wierd, maybe I better stay out of this one. LOL