PDA

View Full Version : Put a Trailer Boat into Water.

nailerman
03-15-2010, 04:26 PM
I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time, now here it is. Has anyone with an RV especially the one the size of my 37 SN ever launched a boat from a trailer at a Ramp? I know I could possibly have the boat placed in the water at a "Boatel" or someone with a smaller vehicle do it, but has anyone done it with a big RV? I do not remember seeing it done and see few if any boats in tow. I can imagine that doing it with a big RV is not really smart. With OEM Tires, it does not like slippery places. I found this out in the snow fall this winter.

Let me hear from you. AMC : :?:

OldMasterTech
03-21-2010, 07:36 AM
I trailered and launched a 17.5' BassTracker with my 31' class C.

The RV does not have a rear camera so I had to enter the ramp at an angle to see the boat. If I had encountered a narrow ramp I would have needed someone spotting as the trailer can not be seen in my mirrors until the angle is too sharp.

No problems with traction or handling but this is a very light boat/trailer.

B44D
03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
I have hauled and launched my 21 ft Malibu Wakesetter (heavy inboard) w/ my 35 ft Gulfstream several times. No problems, as long as the ramp is wide enough to turn around on. Does get a little nervous thinking about the brakes going out on the ramp...but guess that's what insurance is for!

PORTABLE PARADISE
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I have launched my 20ft. boat with my 34ft. Super C Endura several times. Now... dont be afraid if it draws a crowd... it is quite a site.. 64ft of rig backing down the ramp. But because of the long overhang off the back wheels they dont even get we. I dont want them to get wet! Not had a problem. I have seen several people do it down here in Florida.
Good luck