PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Stream Visa

TUPFAM
03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Has anyone had a chance to see the new Visa in person? I like the layout of the 19RSD, but there aren't any available in my area.
http://www.gulfstreamrvtrailers.com/gs/index.php/overview/Visa/

CampWinican
03-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the forum, Tupfam! Thanks for the post, did not know these even existed. Never saw one in person either, but they do look interesting!

TUPFAM
03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I stumbled across an ad for them on another forum. Hopefully some of the dealers in my area will stock them soon.

deltamark
03-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Hello,

My wife and I have been looking for a lightweight trailer (Preferably under 3,000 lbs.) for the past few months. Have looked at r-Pods, MPG's, Jayco Hybrids, KZ Sportsmen, etc. Today we looked at the 19RSD and the 19ERD. They are nice-looking units and we may end up choosing the RSD. I am surprised by the length / weight ratio. The RSD apparently weighs in under 2,800 lbs. for such a long unit.

We have a Newfoundland dog and so want some space that we can use for the mini-moose. The bunk and dinette area seem to accomplish that. My wife liked the unit and of course that is critical. At first, she thought it to be too small, but after envisioning how we typically would use it, felt that it was nice and would meet our needs.

The bathroom is nice ... has a medicine cabinet, separate shower with shallow tub and foot-flush toilet. The kitchen double sink is nice. There are plenty of lights in the unit. There is a shelf that you could use at the head of the bed that seems like it will be convenient. Kitchen storage is not as plentiful as we would like, but there seems to be many other storage areas in the RSD. The kitchen dinette table in the RSD is a bit smallish.

According to the sales rep, the RSD we saw was at an RV show and apparently took a beating because there were a number of minor issues with it. The front door latch wasn't properly installed and caused an issue when opening / closing the door; A grab handle on the outside of the unit was half off, looked like it was only glued on. A curtain for the bedroom area was completely down, seemed to pull out of the ceiling. The panel cover for the refrigerator had come off, again appeared to be only glued on; Some parts of the "Visa" decals on the ERD were already coming off. What I am most concerned about though, is that the propane gas pipe under the unit already has quite a bit of rust on it. Don't know if this is normal, but the unit was manufactured in February 2010, so it didn't seem like it should have that much rust on it. I was thinking about contacting Gulf Stream to inquire.

In any case, we do like the Visas overall. Good-looking, unique, lightweight and I believe they will be a good value if the construction quality proves to be good.

Look forward to hearing any other thoughts on the unit.

Has anyone had a chance to see the new Visa in person? I like the layout of the 19RSD, but there aren't any available in my area.

TUPFAM
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info. Did the floor feel solid to you? I have been in a few ultra-lites that the floor had a 'spring' feel when walked on. I like the idea that there is no rubber roof to mess with. Also, did you notice if the front bed can be lifted for storage access?

deltamark
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
The floor did seem solid to me. My wife and I both spent a fair amount of time in the camper. She would have said something if she noticed it.

I might be mistaken, but I think there was storage under the bed. It may have been part of the storage that is accessed from the outside door. Looked at so many units lately, I might be getting that mixed up though.

What other trailers have you considered?

Thanks for the info. Did the floor feel solid to you? I have been in a few ultra-lites that the floor had a 'spring' feel when walked on. I like the idea that there is no rubber roof to mess with. Also, did you notice if the front bed can be lifted for storage access?

TUPFAM
03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
What other trailers have you considered?

Well, we just bought the Conquest last May and are happy with it so far. Before we bought it we looked at a KZ Sportsmen LE242S. I didn't like the way the floor felt and didn't care for the dealer. We also looked at an Aerolite 21QS, an Outback 21RS and several other bunk models (we have 2 kids). On all the bunk models, neither of my kids felt comfortable in the upper bunk , plus, neither could get up into the bunk on their own. The Conquest has 2 bunks that run lengthwise with a wardrobe in between them and a third bunk across the front, on top of the wardrobe. I also loved the Rockwood 2501SS floorplan, but it was way out of our price range limit. I like the style of the Forest River R-Pod, Heartland MPG and T@DA but haven't seen one with the right floorplan for us. The Visa 19RSD might work for us. Maybe in a year or two......

rbyham
03-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Saw the RSD last weekend. Really liked the size, weight, and look of everything. Yes, nice bathroom for 19-footer. Floor felt fine to us. Overall box felt solid but the interior did give a sense of being built light. But the big negative for us was lack of kitchen storage. Not only are there very little cabinet space but there were zero drawers. Not sure what GS expects us all to do with silverware in the kitchen but ya don't want that stuff bouncing around. Can't get wife to consider it without at least a silverware drawer. I currently have an older 17' Komfort that has at least 7 drawers. Oh well will keep looking... BTW, lowest price I have on it so far is $14,800. so don';t fall for that $18,900 pitch...

TUPFAM
03-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I agree about the bathroom. A lot of trailers in that size range have a wet bath. I also agree about the lack of storage in the kitchen. Even though we have plenty of storage with our current TT , we keep our silverware in one of these http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=8455248925619 74&pfx=pfx_shopcompare&cid=shopping4&mr:referralID=3f10db9f-391c-11df-bf2c-000423bb4e79. It keeps everything organized and makes it easy to bring everything outside. It is about the size of a lunchbox and stores easily in the cabinet above the sink. So lack of a drawer wouldn't be a deal breaker for us. Good luck in your search.

deltamark
03-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Just curious ... in which state was the dealer where you got your price? Was it Ohio, by chance?

BTW, lowest price I have on it so far is $14,800. so don';t fall for that $18,900 pitch...

TUPFAM
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Just curious ... in which state was the dealer where you got your price? Was it Ohio, by chance?

BTW, lowest price I have on it so far is $14,800. so don';t fall for that $18,900 pitch...

I can't speak for rbyham, but I got a quote of $15,333.00 for the 19 RSD from Wholesale RV Club out of Cincinnati.

Doctor Debit
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I did get to look at one in Cincinnati. It totally lived up to my expectations from researching it on the web. That one was sold, but put down a deposit for the next one coming in. Construction seems very solid, and layout is fantastic for 2 person camping. My only disappointment was that there is no room for an oven. I may replace the microwave with a micro/convection combo unit. Looking forward to summer. Web price as of a few weeks ago was 15,200.

My last RV was a KZ hybrid (20 foot). It was decent overall, but the floor did feel flimsy.

Hey while I'm here, any Visa owners using a generator? The Yamaha 2400i doesn't officially state that it will power a camper A/C, but lots of bloggers say they are using one and it works fine. Since the Visa has an 11.5 unit rather than 13.5, I would think this would be OK, but wondering if anyone has tried it. I could go with 2 of the Honda 2K's but that would be a lot of extra work if I could get by with one 2400i.

deltamark
04-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks Doc. I bit the bullet and purchased one from the Cincinnati Dealer, as well. We pick it up this weekend. Yeah, that low position for the microwave might be a little inconvenient, but we often camp primitive and run off the battery, so can't usually use the microwave anyway. I think it's a very cool-looking unit. I hope it tows well with my V6 Saturn Vue! We should keep in touch and share experiences!

Mark

I did get to look at one in Cincinnati. It totally lived up to my expectations from researching it on the web. That one was sold, but put down a deposit for the next one coming in. Construction seems very solid, and layout is fantastic for 2 person camping. My only disappointment was that there is no room for an oven. I may replace the microwave with a micro/convection combo unit. Looking forward to summer. Web price as of a few weeks ago was 15,200.

My last RV was a KZ hybrid (20 foot). It was decent overall, but the floor did feel flimsy.

Hey while I'm here, any Visa owners using a generator? The Yamaha 2400i doesn't officially state that it will power a camper A/C, lots of bloggers say they are using one and it works fine. Since the Visa has an 11.5 unit rather than 13.5, I would think this would be OK, but wondering if anyone has tried it. I could go with 2 of the Honda 2K's but that would be a lot of extra work if I could get by with one 2400i.

Doctor Debit
04-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Maybe that was yours that we looked at. We are still waiting on ours to come in.

I thought I set this up to notify me when there were posts, but it doesn't seem to do that. My email is [email protected]. Let me know how you like it. Haven't made up my mind about the generator yet, but leaning toward the Yamaha 2400i.

deltamark
04-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey there Doc,

Picked up our Visa this weekend and really like it! Ahh, the new camper smell! It towed well, even though I only have a V6 Saturn Vue with 3,500 lb. towing capacity. My only concern was that with the weight distribution system I had installed, it sits pretty low and easily bottoms out on little inclines / hills / speed bumps if I'm not real careful. (I learned to be real careful, real quick!)

Inside, the floor feels nice and solid. The unit seems to be very quiet. We couldn't hear too much from the outside world. I'm not in love with the dinette table that comes with it. I'm not a real wide guy, but had to kind of work my way in and around it to sit down. Am probably going to replace it with a portable table.

The fridge is excellent. Large, with a separate freezer and a black light inside! The stove is a two burner. Had some concerns previously about kitchen storage space, but don't think that's going to be a problem. There is an extra storage slot under the fridge where a utensils drawer will easily fit. The closet space is generous and there seems to be enough storage for us underneath the bed and dinette. Bathroom is so much better than what we had. Has a deeper tub than most lightweight RV's we looked at. Bath also has a medicine cabinet and more storage than we'll probably need.

The windows seem to let in a pretty good amount of light. The privacy shades are are nice to have. The bed is good, but isn't a walk-around, so that can be problematic after a few glasses of wine; - )

We're not going to use the top bunk for sleeping, so it became an instant "throw-stuff-up-there-for-storage spot. The bunk sits a little low though, when not propped up. I'm going to have to find a way to keep it propped up when there's weight on it, being that my wife already bumped her head pretty good.

The unit doesn't have a pull-down step. The step down is recessed, inside the camper, which was a little dangerous for my wife who doesn't always watch where she's going. The LED lights are on the outside are cool. Four stabilizer jacks are fine. The unit has a hitch light, which should come in handy.

Since we only spent one night in it, I don't have it all down yet, so can post more in the future as I become accustomed to it. Planning on camping again this weekend.

Maybe that was yours that we looked at. We are still waiting on ours to come in.

I thought I set this up to notify me when there were posts, but it doesn't seem to do that. My email is [email protected]. Let me know how you like it. Haven't made up my mind about the generator yet, but leaning toward the Yamaha 2400i.

TUPFAM
04-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Congratulations on the new TT. It sounds like it will work well for you. The step inside of the trailer sounds like it is going to take some time to get used to. Keep us posted on any issues or mods that come up. Good luck.

j233
04-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey there Doc,

Picked up our Visa this weekend and really like it! Ahh, the new camper smell! It towed well, even though I only have a V6 Saturn Vue with 3,500 lb. towing capacity. My only concern was that with the weight distribution system I had installed, it sits pretty low and easily bottoms out on little inclines / hills / speed bumps if I'm not real careful. (I learned to be real careful, real quick!)

Congratulations on your Visa ! I am very interested in your experience; saw the same model in January. I think we would prefer the one with U-shape dinette in the front and bunk beds at rear but I don't think GS has released this one yet.
Have a few questions - How does it tow ? You mentioned that your VUE had no problems pulling the trailer - is Visa's shape helpful? How is the ground clearance ? The VISA sits close to the ground, which is great from towing perspective but can be a pain at times (dump/gas stations)
Any complaints about fit and finish, interior as well as exterior ?
Does it have a propane line to plug a portable BBQ into ?
Sorry to bother with the questions but your are actually the first VISA owner I heard of !

J233

deltamark
04-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Hello J233,

I think the Visa's shape was helpful in towing. I previously pulled a 1999 Cub Areolight Hybrid which was a about 2,100 UVW and I notice little difference when pulling the Vias, which is just over 2,700 lbs Dry weight. As I mentioned, I do have a weight distribution system now with the Visa and didn't have one when pulling my Cub.

The Visa does seem to have a low ground clearance compared to many other RV's we looked at. My problem the first time out was, I believe the weight distribution system bottoming out on an incline, not the actual trailer. I would be hesitant though to pull the Visa into some of the more primitive areas that I've taken my Cub into.

No complaints yet about the fit or finish. Interior seems fine. Everything seems to fit together well. I like the gloss exterior finish of the Visa. The exterior seems to be well put together, as well. I've only taken it out once so far, though. Am planning another trip next weekend.

II just went out and looked and the propane line underneath does have a spot to screw in a BBQ. I wasn't aware of this previously.

Glad to answer any questions. I also was unable to finD any other owners when I was shopping. Glad to help!

"Have a few questions - How does it tow ? You mentioned that your VUE had no problems pulling the trailer - is Visa's shape helpful? How is the ground clearance ? The VISA sits close to the ground, which is great from towing perspective but can be a pain at times (dump/gas stations)
Any complaints about fit and finish, interior as well as exterior ?
Does it have a propane line to plug a portable BBQ into ?
Sorry to bother with the questions but your are actually the first VISA owner I heard of !"

J233[/quote]

j233
04-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Hello J233,

I think the Visa's shape was helpful in towing. I previously pulled a 1999 Cub Areolight Hybrid which was a about 2,100 UVW and I notice little difference when pulling the Vias, which is just over 2,700 lbs Dry weight. As I mentioned, I do have a weight distribution system now with the Visa and didn't have one when pulling my Cub.

Thank you for the info, really appreciate !

Did you notice any difference in towing mileage between the Visa and your Cub ? My hope is that the aerodynamic shape of the Visa has positive impact on the mileage too :)

J233

deltamark
04-26-2010, 02:34 PM
In two trips with the Visa, I got about 13.5 MPG pulling with my V6 2007 Saturn Vue. Can't recall what kind of mileage I got when pulling the Cub, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't much higher, if it was at all. Again, the Visa is several hundred lbs. heavier than the Cub, so its aerodynamics must have helped, at at least a little.

Hello J233,

Did you notice any difference in towing mileage between the Visa and your Cub ? My hope is that the aerodynamic shape of the Visa has positive impact on the mileage too :)

J233

DonMitsu
06-06-2010, 11:26 AM
After looking at light weight travel trailers for some time we finally purchased a Visa yesterday, pick it up Wednesday and are planning on taking it camping this coming weekend. The weight and features are really unmatched. We had been looking at hybrids and pop-ups and were very excited to find such a light tt with so much room.

lsnipes
06-08-2010, 06:38 PM
We have a Visa ERD purchased in April from a dealer in Cincinnati. We really like the trailer however we have had a few problems...mostly with the Dometic fridge. We pull it with a Pontiac Aztek and have traveled to the Gulf Coast from Kentucky with no problems towing. We moved up from a pop-up and have truly enjoyed the change. Although the ERD floor plan is a little odd with the split bath, it really works well to give you plenty of room for a shower and the walk around bed is great. (except for the mattress which is really lousy) We are still talking to the dealer since the one we saw before we ordered ours had a nice mattress. We'll see how that works out.

brains77396
06-09-2010, 11:47 AM
walk around bed is great. (except for the mattress which is really lousy) We are still talking to the dealer since the one we saw before we ordered ours had a nice mattress. We'll see how that works out.[/quote]

On the Visa website, one of the options is a Memory Foam Mattress. Hopefully you can get your dealer to swap out with you, or, worse case, order you one from the factory.

deltamark
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
We purchased the RSD in April and have been mostly very happy with it. My wife has a bad back and didn't like the mattress either, so she ordered a memory foam bed topper. Made a lot of difference.

We've had a number of smaller issues with the trailer and will take it in for warranty service sometime soon. Here are some of the annoyances we've encountered:

- Water can get in and accumulate underneath the recessed plastic step covering.
- I don't care for the stereo. The controls aren't very responsive and the FM stereo doesn't pick up stations very well at all. The antenna is buried inside of the cabinet.
- Didn't care for the dining table ... difficult to get in and out of for two people. Purchased a portable collapsing table from Cabela's.
- Had issues with one of the sliding handles on the awning
- We used the air conditioner Memorial Day weekend and the compressor got crazy loud a couple of times.

I'm sure most campers have a period of adjustments and I'm not real concerned about any of these things. As I said, we do really like the camper and are using it again this weekend down in Central Ohio.

Happy Camping!

the walk around bed is great. (except for the mattress which is really lousy) We are still talking to the dealer since the one we saw before we ordered ours had a nice mattress. We'll see how that works out.

lsnipes
06-09-2010, 06:16 PM
So to continue the line of discussion these are the issues we have had with our ERD. The Dometic Fridge beeps and doesn't work on 12 volt. Sometimes it just beeps because it wants too. We have had it in to have it repaired and talked to dometic. Now they think it is the door latch that isn't closing well. The stereo/dvd has been replaced, our dinette cushions split and frayed after our first trip, the tank monitor does not work properly, we pulled a piece of the bed base off unplugging a lamp, the pneumatic door closer fell off, a water leak around the rear window and of course the mattress is terrible. Things we like; the layout, the ease of towing, the look. Don't get me wrong we like the trailer and think it is perfect for our needs, but just wish the build quality had been a little better.

deltamark
06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
At first I thought it was just me with the stereo. It just kind of seems to have a mind of it's own. Our tank monitor also seems to be lying to us. Even after we drain it, the black water still reads 2/3 full. We're having some trouble with our door as well. The inside screen door sticks and therefore, it's hard to open the outside door when they both are shut. And lastly, I had to disconnect a water line going into the water pump to make it work the last three times we camped. That entailed removing the bottom of the wardrobe to get to the pump.

Yes, I agree with your statement on build quality. I'm still not really all that concerned about these smaller issues, though. I just hope the overall structure of the unit remains solid over time.

Not that it matters, but did you purchase your ERD up in Ohio? If so, was the service OK?

The stereo/dvd has been replaced, .... the tank monitor does not work properly, the pneumatic door closer fell off, a water leak around the rear window ...

brains77396
06-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Yes, I agree with your statement on build quality. I'm still not really all that concerned about these smaller issues, though. I just hope the overall structure of the unit remains solid over time.

Not that it matters, but did you purchase your ERD up in Ohio? If so, was the service OK?

The stereo/dvd has been replaced, .... the tank monitor does not work properly, the pneumatic door closer fell off, a water leak around the rear window ...

All these listed problems does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Teething problems or will it be the norm? 15K + is a lot to pay for something falling apart when brand new. I had very few problems with my Conquest class "C".

lsnipes
06-13-2010, 01:01 PM
We did get our Visa in Ohio. Just outside of Cincinnati. The service department has been fine for the most part just a little he said/she said with dometic. We were out this weekend and the Fridge worked like a charm.

First time we were without a water hook-up and our water pump didn't seem to be a problem, a little noisy but it worked.

Everything seems to be OK now. We will wait for a little longer to see if anymore minor problems come along before scheduling service.

DonMitsu
06-14-2010, 08:44 PM
We went to Cedar Hill State Park this weekend and are even more convinced this was the perfect TT for us. We have a 7 and 9 year old and it had plenty of room for the 4 of us. The AC was a little on the loud side, but my daughter thought it felt like "Antarctica" even on a warm Texas summer day. Our stereo was great with FM reception but AM reception was non-existent which was the opposite of what I expected. The storage space was more than we needed. We put a basket on the shelf in the bathroom for towels and a hanging closet organizer in the closet to make better use of the space. The kids were very comfortable in the bunks, I thought the front bed was more than adequate size wise but my wife is getting a mattress pad to make it a little more comfortable. Gas mileage was less than I wanted but we did leave Dallas in rush hour traffic on a Friday and were in stop in go traffic all the way to Cedar Hill and coming back on Sunday we ran into stop and go traffic for a good portion of our trip, combine that with a hot day and the AC on max we averaged 8.3 MPG on our first trip, we normally get 17 MPG and I was really hoping for closer to 15. All in all my kids are the toughest test I can think of for TT (standing on the table, walking on the dinette cushions with their shoes, etc. But as hard as they were on it we really didn't have any issues other than the AM radio, so I would have to say after 1 trip we're completely satisfied.

Doctor Debit
06-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks to everyone for posting. My 23RBK did great on its first outing, but I did notice the beeping fridge. It does not seem to want to work on 12V. I thought it was just me. I'll call Colerain's and see if they can give any advice.

I love the radio/DVD/TV and whatever. My only complaint there is the pitiful documentation. Being kind of a techno geek, I don't mind experimenting, but this could be a turnoff for lots of people. I noticed that even after you turn it off, it will turn itself back on if there is a weather alert. You would want to unhook the battery if storing for more than a week.

AC worked flawlessly, although a little loud. Tank indicators worked fine.

We weathered a significant storm, with branches of up to about 1 1/2 inches in diameter falling onto the roof. No damage.

'Doc' Joe

tinapetel
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with the low hanging rear leveling jacks?
My Visa dragged and damaged one of the jacks on driveway entrance.
I also find the sewer connection at best awkward to access tucked up under the low side of the trailer.
We are generally very pleased with the size and layout of our Visa.

brains77396
06-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Go to Camping World web site and look up "skid wheel". They either bolt or weld to the rear bumper, depending on the model. I think it was Wal-Mart that had like an almost 90 degree sewer connection to help get the pipe pointing out instead of down. It was clear and attached just like the sewer hose with the bayonets connections on each end. Also some plastic leveling blocks that you pull the low side of the rig up on to help in getting it level. Awning anti-flappers help keep your awning from flapping and tearing.

Has anyone else had a problem with the low hanging rear leveling jacks?
My Visa dragged and damaged one of the jacks on driveway entrance.
I also find the sewer connection at best awkward to access tucked up under the low side of the trailer.
We are generally very pleased with the size and layout of our Visa.

Karalyn
06-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I like the looks of both from those pictures. Looks like they have a lot to offer for the 19 feet of space! Will be interesting to see one in person

lsnipes
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
We have been a little concerned with the low clearance but have just been very careful and lucky so far. The low center of gravity helps with towing so I suppose it is a good trade off. We have started to use blocks to raise the trailer when we pull up to the dump site. It seems to have helped. The parts are in to fix the beeping for our fridge, but the dealer was too late letting us know, so we are off with our fingers crossed on Monday. Also, we raised enough stink about the mattress that the dealer replaced it with one like the one we saw before we ordered. Much better!

Doctor Debit
07-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Here's the way we fixed the mattress situation: Got a $25 inflatable mattress from Wal Mart, then used what came in the camper as a topper. Works fine.

Sounds like I need to contact the dealer about the fridge though. Mine still won't work on 12 Volts.

Quilting Cafe
07-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Everything works great, although we did not use the fridge or furnace..was only connected by electric.

Only problem was the cd player. Couldn't get it receive a station (we can on our portable radio) or play or cd. Will contact the dealer about this.

frog60
08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
We recently bought the RGU model GS Visa. Nice for a couple. I tow it with my Nissan Frontier, I notice the weight but I tow at 65 w/o any trouble. After reading the reviews I had the dealer put rollers on the back by the jacks. I've already used them several times and probably kept from damaging my jacks. This trailer does sit very low and the dealer said they make a 3" lift kit for it. I tried towing it without an equalizer but I got too much sway so had to get an eq hitch. It makes a big difference.

pfarrell
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
We are looking to buy a Visa 19 ERD in the next week or two and would be interested if anyone would mind sharing their buying experience with us about their dealer and advise to anything we should look out for with the Visa or dealers.

We would be most appreciative to know what sort of best bottom line price we can hope for. We know the MRSP with options (AC, stereo, spare tire, upgraded matterss, spray port, TV antenna, awning, microwave) for the one we like is $21, 882.

All the dealers in Texas have the same "sale" price of $16,995 for this model with these options but I have seen them on-line for $15,333 from wholesalervclub.com. Has anyone bought thru wholesalerv or has anyone got a better price?

thanks,

pfarrell
08-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Has anyone mounted a TV on the bedroom wall of the 19 ERD? The wall seems flimsy and thin and am concerned about going thru into the shower.

Has anyone added a bike rack to the Visa? Any suggestions on the best place and method for a bike rack is appreciated.

thanks,

DonMitsu
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
We paid 16,995 for ours at Mays RV in Lewisville, even though we might could have saved a few bucks buying one on the internet, I think it was worth it for the great service we experienced at Mays and they threw in some nice freebies, pressure regulator, water hose, waste tank chemical, full gas tanks, toilet paper, etc. I think it was definitely worth it.

frog60
08-20-2010, 02:43 PM
We bought ours through them. A lot less than the Texas dealers but of course further away. They always have specials going on so watch for them. Easy to deal with but my concern is with any warranty issues. (Haven't had any yet) :) I don't know how well I'll be treated by the other dealerships in Albuquerque.

DonMitsu
08-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Has anyone mounted a TV on the bedroom wall of the 19 ERD? The wall seems flimsy and thin and am concerned about going thru into the shower.

Has anyone added a bike rack to the Visa? Any suggestions on the best place and method for a bike rack is appreciated.

thanks,

We added a receiver hitch for our bike rack, it's not pretty but it works. This was our second effort the bolts that came with the hitch kit initially sheared and I replaced them with stronger zinc alloy bolts. I also did not weld the support bar originally (part of what lead to the sheared bolts) So this design took trial and error but seems to work well. I am looking for some 3/8 U-bolts to replace my unusual looking bracket on the top of the bumper. Hope this helps.
http://donherring.info/hitch/IMG_0651.jpg
http://donherring.info/hitch/IMG_0652.jpg
http://donherring.info/hitch/IMG_0653.jpg

pfarrell
08-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey Don, thanks for the reply about the bike rack. We are camper newbies.

Does your receiver hitch mount at the rear of the trailer? Where did you get the receiver hitch from and where is the bike rack from?

We will be picking up our new VISA 19 ERD on Saturday and any and all advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

DonMitsu
08-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Congratulations on your new trailer. Sorry about the pictures here's a link to the pictures I tried to post. http://gallery.me.com/donherring#100240
It is a Buyers RV bumper mount hitch designed for a 4"x4" RV bumper. The Visa has a 2"x4" bumper so I took a piece of steel welded it to the forward side of the hitch and bolted to the rear most crossmember under the trailer. As I mentioned before I'm now using zinc alloy bolts and looking for zinc alloy u-bolts to replace the upper brackets. We got our bike rack at Academy but several places sell good hitch mount bike racks.

IMO Inspect it closely when you do your walk through, get a memory foam mattress pad, get a sway control hitch, create a checklist to make sure everything is secure and inspected, to use before heading out, and enjoy your new tt.

pfarrell
08-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Good job on the bike rack. Any concerns with the 2x4 bumper being strong enough to handle the weight of the bikes while bumping along down the road?

Our Visa is suppose to have the optional upgraded mattress but it doesn't look or feel so "upgraded". Looks like a 5-6" thick typical mattress covered in blue floral cloth material.

We are in Houston and have only been camping together once a few weeks ago when we rented an R-pod and went to Lake Livingston State Park. We enjoyed it so much we decided to buy the Visa.

Do you have any favorite camp grounds in Texas that you could recommend for a long weekend get away?

Also, since we are camper newbies we will be having to buy everything for our camper. Any good on-line places for buying camper supplies? Any specific recommendations for water hoses, sewer hoses, etc.

We need to get a good trailer lock. Any recommendations?

thanks again for any advice.

DonMitsu
08-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Good job on the bike rack. Any concerns with the 2x4 bumper being strong enough to handle the weight of the bikes while bumping along down the road?

Our Visa is suppose to have the optional upgraded mattress but it doesn't look or feel so "upgraded". Looks like a 5-6" thick typical mattress covered in blue floral cloth material.

We are in Houston and have only been camping together once a few weeks ago when we rented an R-pod and went to Lake Livingston State Park. We enjoyed it so much we decided to buy the Visa.

Do you have any favorite camp grounds in Texas that you could recommend for a long weekend get away?

Also, since we are camper newbies we will be having to buy everything for our camper. Any good on-line places for buying camper supplies? Any specific recommendations for water hoses, sewer hoses, etc.

We have a 4 bike rack and put all 4 bikes on the back, without the custom brace we welded on to the receiver, the bumper had some twist that coupled with the weak bolts that came with the mount almost lead to disaster, even though when the bolts sheared my sons bike ended up inches from the ground but no bikes nor the rack were damaged. By welding the brace on and using stronger bolts I believe the bumper is more than strong enough for our Allen 4 bike rack and our 4 bikes.

Our mattress is very thin maybe 3-3 1/2", if yours is 5" you might try without a mattress pad. On ours the memory foam mattress pad made a huge difference.

Make sure you get a water regulator for your fresh water hose, not all campgrounds have them on the water spouts and it will protect your plumbing. Do get some sort of check list to use before leaving and when setting up http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-de ... -checklist (http://changingears.com/rv-checklist-departure-trailer.shtml?sec-checklist) and get a dirt dauber screen for the furnace vent (a must in Texas) We have a local RV dealer I get most things from (many things he threw in such as the sewer hose, water hose, regulator, etc), but much of what you'll need you can get at Wal-Mart. We looked very hard at the rPod but liked the layout of the Visa much better.

On your first trip go somewhere close for a dry run so if anything does go wrong you'll be close. You'll probably want to get a Texas State Park Pass free entry for a year to all State Parks and discounted camping will make it payoff very quickly. We're very big fans of the State Parks. In the summer Guadalupe River is fun, Dinosaur Valley is always fun, the TPWD web site is probably the best place to start http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/

Cograts again and enjoy your new Visa!

tinapetel
08-30-2010, 05:14 PM

thanks,

I just mounted mine with 2- 5# capacity, 3M "stick-on" hooks stuck to the wall in the upper corner near the TV connectors. (my TV is only 7or8#)
l took off the "foot" on the flat panel TV and just hung it by the carrying handle on the hooks. It goes on and off the hooks easily. I left enough extra TV cable to lay the TV down on the bed without disconnecting,while we are traveling.

I also found an Insignia (Best Buy) LED 22" TV that just fits in the space for the TV near the front door. If you check the dimensions, there are several other 22" TV's that will fit this space.

Pete Collins

R-P
09-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Hello,
it's my first time on this forum and it's look like a nice site.

I bought my first TT at the begining of August and it is a Visa 19RSD. Very happy with my new TT. It is a nice drive behind my Pathfinder.

But I had some issues like any buyer of a new TT as my dealer said to me '' Don't worry, everybody have small problems with a new TT''

I read this post and I have some problems similar than yours:

- I had my rear window and my brake light incorrectly sealed and leaks.
- My bunk bed reinforcement screwed to the rear wall felt.
- My fridge beeps on 12v
- Almost no reception of the radio

We did more than 2500km or 1500 miles into the last month into 4 week ends camping trips and we are very pleased by the product.

DonMitsu
09-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Congratulations on your new TT. We've had our Visa since June, I don't know if it's been outside in any serious rain but we have noticed no leaks at all. Did the dealer repair the leaks and any damage caused by the leaks?

Our bunk bed reinforcement did fall after I forgot to secure the bunk bed before traveling I repaired it and have made sure to secure it in the down position and it's been fine since then. If you travel without securing it a bump will turn the bunk bed into a hammer on the rear reinforcement.

The fridge problem is common and an easy fix, our dealer fixed it while I was signing the repair order. It's warranty, as many of the Visa's the fridge wasn't wired properly for 12v from the factory, so that is common.

We've been very hit and miss with the radio. We went to a campsite right after we got it and I thought maybe it had no antenna at all, took it to the dealer and all the local stations came in great. I haven't decided if it's the campsites or the antenna, but sometimes reception is good and other times non-existant.

R-P
09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Congratulations on your new TT. We've had our Visa since June, I don't know if it's been outside in any serious rain but we have noticed no leaks at all. Did the dealer repair the leaks and any damage caused by the leaks?

Our bunk bed reinforcement did fall after I forgot to secure the bunk bed before traveling I repaired it and have made sure to secure it in the down position and it's been fine since then. If you travel without securing it a bump will turn the bunk bed into a hammer on the rear reinforcement.

The fridge problem is common and an easy fix, our dealer fixed it while I was signing the repair order. It's warranty, as many of the Visa's the fridge wasn't wired properly for 12v from the factory, so that is common.

We've been very hit and miss with the radio. We went to a campsite right after we got it and I thought maybe it had no antenna at all, took it to the dealer and all the local stations came in great. I haven't decided if it's the campsites or the antenna, but sometimes reception is good and other times non-existant.

Leaks have been repaired, but every time I come back from a trip, I inspect all sealant beads and repair/replace them when needed. I have now 2 windows redone. The water coming from the back window was visible on the wall and the leak from the brake light was visible where all the wires are coming into the trailer (under the lower bunk bed).

The bunk bed reinforcement will be repaired by my dealer before winter storage.

My dealer also redone the awning lower wood blocks. They were not very solid.
I also install a Maxair over the toilet fan.

Two Beagles
09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
TUPFAM,
I attended the Hershey, PA show this pass weekend. They had the Visa 19 and Visa 23 on display. The 23' is really seems to be a good size for short trips. Not a lot of storage, but well put together. We looked at the smaller Visa and decided it was a little cramped for two people and two dogs. I was impressed with what they did with a small trailer. Worth looking at if you are looking for a small trailer.

RedBeard
12-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Are there any updates on how everyones campers are holding up?

DonMitsu
12-15-2010, 01:43 PM
We're still happy with ours and currently planning our next outing for for New Years weekend. While I have done things to damage the trailer (nothing major) amazingly the kids and dog have yet to break anything, which is really pretty amazing). A couple of weeks ago we went camping with friends at a nearby Jellystone Park and my daughter had 5 of her friends and her hanging out around the dinette table and bunks (I have no idea why they weren't outside) but even with a half dozen 10 yr old girls crawling all over the inside of the trailer no damage.

Things that will cause damage:

1. Make sure you fasten the top bunk bed before traveling or it will act like a hammer and pound the support out of the wall

2. After dumping make sure to put the cap back on the dump pipe

3. Be careful around deep narrow dips coming out of gas stations (we've really had much less issue with ground clearance than I thought we would but you must be cognoscente of the low ground clearance.

Other than that we camp at least every other month and try to once a month. We've camped in the Texas Hill Country, Plains, Prairies, and Woods; in both hot weather and cold (Texas cold it got down below 40 one night) And we still believe this is the only trailer for our family as it met my goal for weight the wife's goal for bathroom with vanity and separate shower, and the kids desire for separate beds.

RedBeard
12-15-2010, 09:07 PM
thanks that is reassuring

deltamark
12-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Are there any updates on how everyones campers are holding up?

Picking our 2011 Visa RSD from the dealer service dept. tomorrow. Been in there for a few weeks. The water pump frequently would not pump water. I would have to take the pump hose off to prime it to get the water to run. They replaced the pump. This is the second time the pump has been replaced since I bought it in April. I'm kind of doubting that the pump is the problem.

I inquired about my black water LED reading 2/3 full all of the time. I also had this issue earlier this year and had it serviced. This time, they told me that they would take it apart, but if something inside the tank was obstructing the sensor, like hair or something, they would have to charge me for it. I told them to let it go.

Other than that, I'm having the lift kit installed. Have traveled a good deal with this trailer and the hitch bottomed out too many times when going in and out of driveways. Hope this solves it.

lsnipes
03-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Can you give me some info on the lift kit you mentioned? We have run into several sights that we could not get into due to the low clearance.
Thanks,

deltamark
03-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I really don't have any details on the lift kit. I had the dealer (Colerain RV in Cincinnati and Dayton, OH) order and install the kit in December 2010. I think it raises the trailer about 3 - 4 inches. Seems to be an apparatus that attaches to the trailer axel. Cost around $450 for parts and labor. The weather was getting bad then, so my 200 + mile drive home has been my only test so far. It was a noticeable improvement, though. I made it up and down driveways that I previously bottomed out on.

Can you give me some info on the lift kit you mentioned? We have run into several sights that we could not get into due to the low clearance.
Thanks,

brains77396
03-27-2011, 01:27 PM
We picked up our Visa 23RBK a couple of weeks ago. Got 13.2 MPG towing with our Titan, which wasn't yet broken in. So far so good, but haven't used it yet.

toaobigal
03-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Hello to all Visa owners, I just ordered a Visa ERD and can't wait for the month of May. That's when I'll take delivery, I live in Canada and the campsgrounds in my area are opening in May. In the meantime, I have to sell my PUP. Oh yeah, and I'm also a new member of this forum.

deltamark
04-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Congratulations on your new Visa ERD, toaobigal! I think you made a great choice. I also believe that with the continued increase of gas prices, the market for more lightweight, easily towable campers like the Visa will continue to grow. Looking forward to hearing your impressions and experiences with the Visa.

Hello to all Visa owners, I just ordered a Visa ERD and can't wait for the month of May. That's when I'll take delivery, I live in Canada and the campsgrounds in my area are opening in May. In the meantime, I have to sell my PUP. Oh yeah, and I'm also a new member of this forum.

DonMitsu
04-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Congratulations on your new TT!

brains77396
04-06-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure how the 19 ft models are set up, but the 23 ft units have the water tank in the front. There is a hose hanging down to drain the fresh water tank. I took the plug out and replaced it with a plastic 90 deg elbow. Screwed a short piece of pipe into that, long enough to clear the frame. There I screwed on a valve with another 90 deg fitting to direct the water flow down. Used a electrical conduit hanger (?) to secure the pipe to the frame. Now I can drain the fresh water tank without having to climb under the trailer. Photos when I get it out of storage. About $10.00 for the mod.

brains77396
04-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't know what the deal is with the 23 ft models, but ours did not have a sewer hose storage tube. All the 19 ft models the dealer had came with a short one mounted under the tongue. Camping world had a 65 inch model on sale so I purchased one of those. It fits perfectly between the battery box and the front of the trailer. I haven't convinced myself that I want to put screws in the front of my trailer (leaks) so I am going to use two battery box tie downs, one on each side and see how that works. The 65 inch model will hold a 15 ft Rhino hose.

toaobigal
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM
From what I saw at the dealer, the ERD has the water tank in the front, under the bed. They also put the spare tire in there, when I get my trailer, I'm mounting the spare on the rear bumper...

brains77396
04-11-2011, 08:38 AM
We live in Humble TX. Since you purchased your Visa, Toppers Campers out 290 in Waller has started carrying the Visa, which is where we purchased our 23RBK. One good place to get goodies is at Channelview Supply in Channelview. I-10 E. right after beltway 8. Lake Livingston SP is good, so are Rayford Crossing (Woodlands area) and Bethy Creek in Riverside on Lake Livingston. For hitch stuff, try Discount Hitch. They are about half the price of hitch equip compared to a RV dealer. For water, get the white RV water hose (Wal-mart) Rhino Flex is a good sewer hose, very stiff and holds whatever shape you put it in, however the small sewer hose holder won't hold it. We got a 65" holder from Channelview Supply and it fits perfectly between the front wall and the battery box. Go to http://www.texascampgrounds.com for a free copy of the 2011 RV Travel & Camping Guide for Texas. It also comes with a discount card for 10% to 15% off camping fees. :)

lsnipes
04-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Ok all of you Visa owners out there. I have tried for over a year to get my dealer to fix my fridge so that it runs off of the battery when attached to the truck. This is a quote from my last attempt.

"Per Dometic simply jumping 12v and house power would not work. 12v input needs to sense alternator power to work. Per Dometic said 12v house is not the same. Also per Dometic 12v mode will only help to keep an already fully chilled refer cold for 6-8 hours. 12v option on refer is meant to be used with unit that has alternator present."

So when the trailer is attached to my truck, shouldn't it be drawing power from the truck's alternator. We are just trying to make the fridge stay cold between stops.Isn't that what it is supposed to do? I know I have seen a couple of posts on here that mention a dealer that made the change and it was simple. My dealer tried ONCE to call and get the details but never made contact.

Do any of you run your fridge on 12v when towing?

Thanks for any help.
Larry

toaobigal
04-23-2011, 07:06 PM
When you're pulling your trailer, the 12 volt goes to charge your trailer battery. Your fridge is running 12 volt from the converter, which is powered by the battery. I think you should be able to run the fridge on 12 volt when traveling, it's something I'll check when my new Visa gets here. I know it worked with my PUP, used to do it all the time so I'm expecting it will be the same with the Visa.

DonMitsu
04-26-2011, 02:12 PM
We use automatic when towing, normally it uses gas. I have used the 12v when towing both to and from a campsite that was about a 5 hour drive each way. The fridge was already cooled using 110, but it was just as cold when we got to our destination and we could tell it was pulling from the battery. The battery had a full charge when leaving and was about 1/4 charged after a 5 hour drive with a couple of stops (the alternator was obviously not keeping up with the draw on the battery) but it did work. I've posted information on Mays RV in Lewisville TX who fixed it for me as it didn't work originally, but past referring you to them I can't tell you what they did, just that it works. I wish I could help.

buckcooper
04-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Has anyone had the lift kit installed on their Visa TT? I am getting one quoted, but would like to here if anyone has experiance. We bought our 19erd about a month ago and the first thing I noticed is how the rear jacks drug going out of the dealers lot.

buck

deltamark
04-26-2011, 10:19 PM
We had the lift kit installed. It helped immensely. Not sure what bottomed out on our trailer prior to the lift kit. Might have been the weight distribution bars or the jacks, but nothing drags now.

Has anyone had the lift kit installed on their Visa TT? I am getting one quoted, but would like to here if anyone has experiance. We bought our 19erd about a month ago and the first thing I noticed is how the rear jacks drug going out of the dealers lot.

buck

KristinU
04-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi All,

Newbie here!

We are contemplating a move up in size from our current camper (an Aliner PUP) and drove by a dealership in MD the other day on the way home to CT from a trip to Washington DC. There were a couple of Visas on the lot and we're totally intrigued. I wish we would have stopped to have a look, but they probably wouldn't have been open anyway since it was Easter Sunday. When we got home we looked at the floorplans and the 23BHD looks like it would be a great fit for us...and I love the look of the Visa. But alas, the dealership we drove by is the closest one that has them. Any chance that anyone here is anywhere near the Hartford area? Mass? Rhode Island? Eastern NY? And if so, would you want to show it off to us?

Also, anyone here have the 23BHD? The pics online look like they switched up the floorplan just a bit when they went to production vs. the published floorplan - the fridge in the pics on actual units is over by the kitchen and the microwave is over by the door. Or is it that they've changed the floorplan slightly since the delivery of the first few and the published floorplan is correct?

The other question is the double bowl sink - the faucet in the pics looks like it might not reach the bowl on the left...do I sense an off the bat mod coming on to switch out the faucet? Or does it actually reach?

Thanks so much in advance, and thanks for the info on this thread so far...it sounds like in general everyone is happy with their choice in the Visa.

Cheers,
Kristin

lsnipes
04-27-2011, 07:36 AM
We just had it done and it makes quite a difference. It should make it easier to back into sites in several of our local campgrounds. It lifts the frame about 3 inches. The only downside is that first step is a little higher as you go in. I think the trade off will be well worth it.

buck

tinapetel
04-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Our Visa did the same thing. The earlier Visas manufactured have a scissor type jack that hangs too low in the back and is easily damaged. Visas are now being built with jacks that raise up tight to the trailer giving much improved clearance on inclines. We replaced our scissor type jacks in the back with ones similar to what Visa is using now. We also located the jacks about 2 feet back from the bumper.
If someone is buying a Visa at a dealers it is worthwhile to make sure it has the newer type jacks (not the scissor type jack)

tinapetel
04-27-2011, 10:37 AM
[quote] love the look of the Visa. But alas, the dealership we drove by is the closest one that has them. Any chance that anyone here is anywhere near the Hartford area? Mass? Rhode Island? Eastern NY? And if so, would you want to show it off to us? [quote]

We purchased our Visa from:
M'S RV Sales
Route 12, Montpelier, VT 05602
(802) 229-5474

You will not find nicer people to deal with. They gave us a very good price and their service is excellent. We drive over 100 miles from Lake George, NY to deal with them.

buckcooper
04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the responce. I just ordered a lift kit from the local dealer, they are apparently running through them pretty fast.

I read a comment earlier about the mattress, we had the same problem with our last Camper, it was a Sarcraft 1800ck and the bed was terrible. We went to a fabric store and bought two pieces of 5" thick dense foam, covered it with a fitted sheet and put it under the mattress. Problem solved, for a lot less than a new mattress. When we traded the Starcraft in we moved the foam to the new bed.

KristinU
04-27-2011, 12:20 PM
love the look of the Visa. But alas, the dealership we drove by is the closest one that has them. Any chance that anyone here is anywhere near the Hartford area? Mass? Rhode Island? Eastern NY? And if so, would you want to show it off to us? [quote:pcvjoao8]

M'S RV Sales
(802) 229-5474

You will not find nicer people to deal with. They gave us a very good price and their service is excellent. We drive over 100 miles from Lake George, NY to deal with them.[/quote:pcvjoao8]
Thanks for the info! I found their name on the GS website, but really couldn't find much about them when Googling...so a first hand experience is helpful. Actually the name on the GS web site made it seem like it is just parts and repairs. It seems that they are old-school and don't maintain a web site, which is surprising...but they are "only" 200 miles from us, so closer than any other I've found!

KristinU
05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
M'S RV Sales
(802) 229-5474

You will not find nicer people to deal with. They gave us a very good price and their service is excellent. We drive over 100 miles from Lake George, NY to deal with them.

Wow, Tinapetel, you weren't kidding! We went up today for a look at the Visa they have on their lot, and they sure are such great folks...and oh do I love Vermont! Thanks so much for posting and recommending them. Without a web site, I honestly would have dismissed them had you not posted your glowing recommendation.

Anyway, DH and I both really liked the look and feel and quality of the Visa. They're going to do some pricing for us on Monday on the model we like (23BHD), so we'll see how that compares to the dealer I've been talking with in Ohio that has the 23BHD on their lot, then we'll have to weigh our pros and cons of each option - near and far. Either is out of state, but VT is a heck of a lot closer but would involve ordering...then patience!

Cheers,
Kristin

TXDego
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Just recently purchased a 19RSD, have not had a chance to take it out yet. I do have some questions after reading this thread, which was full of some helpful info, so thanks.

What generator is everyone using? Will the Honda 2000i run everything fine or is it better to get the Yamaha 2400i?
Anyone know the manufacture of the lift kit? I will need to get one ASAP, while I get its only $450 at the dealer to buy and install, there is no dealer close, so I will need to order from somewhere, and lift kits are easy to install. I guess worse case I can just build my own and raise it up as much as I want to.

I am sure I will have some more questions, but thanks for the help in advanced.

TXDego
05-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Called several Gulfstream dealers, and they had never heard of a lift for these trailers. Ended up calling Colerain RV in Cincinnati, which one of the other had mentioned thats who did their lift. After speaking to the parts guy, who was a great guy, turns out the lift is actually made/supplied by Gulfstream. The parts guy told me he orders the lift directly from Gulfstream. The lift is good for 3"-4" of lift.

Since I need more than that, 8" at least, the parts guy was so nice, he emailed me about a dozen pictures of the lift pieces with a tape measure in the picture detailing the sizes of each piece. He told me that it looked simple enough to get one built, after getting the pictures, I am sure I can get something fab'd up pretty easily. So for those of you who get the same run around from your dealer that a lift does not exist, tell them to call Gulfstream directly to get the lift.

Marvin
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
We picked up our RBK last Friday and was talking to the sales rep about a lift kit, he didn't think we would need one but I scraped when backing into my drive. I contacted them today and it sounds as if the kit sells for around $80.00 plus about and hour to install. Does that sound about right?

Thanks
Marvin

TXDego
06-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Yes Marvin, that is about what I was told, $78 for lift and about 1 hour to install. I have looked over the lift thing a lot, and not sure what they charge for install, earlier in the thread someone said they paid $450 for the lift installed, but it is very easy to install. If they were charging you $80/hour it might be worth the $80, but if it was more than $100 for the labor, doing it yourself maybe a better solution. There is only a couple of bolts on each side to unbolt, jack up the rail that sits on the axle, put in the lift, rebolt up. The lift is just a 12" long piece of metal that just sits on top of the axle, in between the frame rail & axle, so everything involved is just in one place on each side.

good luck!

TXDego
06-07-2011, 08:23 AM
With regards to generators, tried to run A/C with Honda 2000i which I already owned, no luck would run for a little but kept blowing breaker on generator. Went ahead and bought the Yamaha 2400i, it runs everything just fine, or I guess I should say was able to run A/C & Fridge off generator, did not try to run microwave at same time. My guess is that running the Micro, A/C and Fridge all at same time might be pushing my luck.

Marvin
06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Yesterday I ordered a lift kit from Gulf Stream for our 23RBK. Cost for kit was $98.57 with tax and shipping. Should be here next week so I can see if I want to install or have dealer install. Gulf Stream service rep said it takes around an hour to install.

Marvin

deltamark
06-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Wow, if it only takes an hour to install, then I may have gotten smoked on the labor! I think I ended up paying around $400 total, but I have the 19RSD. Maybe it's more difficult on that unit.

Yesterday I ordered a lift kit from Gulf Stream for our 23RBK. Cost for kit was $98.57 with tax and shipping. Should be here next week so I can see if I want to install or have dealer install. Gulf Stream service rep said it takes around an hour to install.

Marvin

toaobigal
06-08-2011, 04:44 PM
All the 19 feet Visa share the same frame and the same axle.

Marvin
06-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I fired up my Honda 2000I today to see if it would handle the air conditioner in our 23RBK. Well it worked great and also had the fridge on 110 with a couple lites on and never had a problem. When we had the Scamp I could run the air and coffee maker but would have to shut off the air to run the micro wave. Something like the show Green Acres years ago plug in A but to use C you had to unplug A and B.

KristinU
06-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi All,
I posted over on the facebook group, but thought I'd check in here too...anyone know offhand the width of the little closets on either side of the bed? And any clever mods for making that space more useful? I was thinking of using those hanging shoe racks for rolled clothes storage.

toaobigal
06-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I checked and it's 13 inches wide, on each side. I'll give some thoughts on mods for those closets, I wear glasses and I never know where to put them so they'll be easy to find in the dark... Your big day is coming Kristen, and soon too.

KristinU
06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
I checked and it's 13 inches wide, on each side. I'll give some thoughts on mods for those closets, I wear glasses and I never know where to put them so they'll be easy to find in the dark... Your big day is coming Kristen, and soon too.

Great, thanks Toaobigal. They're not huge, but wider than I thought! As far as glasses go - I'm thinking I might make some sort of bedside pouch for on the little wall/side of the closet. Maybe velcro'ed on our something? Or a high little shelf above? I need a place to put my glasses, watch and earrings, and my cell phone/alarm clock. I also thought of maybe cutting into the side of the closet and building a little recessed shelf, but I don't know that I'd want to sacrifice any closet space.

And yes, the coutdown is on...5 more days!

TXDego
06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Wanted to give y'all and update on my lift project. I ended up getting my lift done by a local trailer shop for $200 pars & labor. The dealer/factory sells the kit for $78, then you still have to add in labor. Since I wanted a 6" lift in lieu of a 3" lift that the dealer/factory sells, going to a trailer shop was really my only options, and when I say trailer shop, this shop does not sell travel trailers or RV stuff, they build, fabricate, and work on hauling trailers. They seem to be good at this as there was 4 or 5 travel trailers there getting worked on when I brought mine in. When I told my buddy who has a 5th wheel where I took my trailer, he said that's where he went, and he tells me everyone in his RV group uses them as well, so I guess I got lucky and picked the right place.

My take away after this, if you get away from the travel trailer/RV type shops, you get shops that are business of working on trailers and know the mechanics of trailers, you will probably get a better job and a better price.

brains77396
06-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I wonder what the difference is in lift kits between the 19 ft models and the 23 ft models. The undercarriage and suspension are built completely different. The only way I can think of to lift the 23 ft models is with a longer spring hanger. For my taste I don't mine to sit any higher, for the higher, the less stable. The 19 ft models are much lower than the 23, so low they didn't have room for a external step. Instead of raising the 23 ft, install a set on weld on rollers on the rear bumper.
putting some sort of block between the spring and axle would also work.

Marvin

buckcooper
07-22-2011, 12:05 PM
We had our maidin voyage the first week of July, we were out for about 9 days. We bounced around northern Indiana, Ohio and Penn. The TT towed very nice, gas milage was on average 4 mpg better than we got towing our Starcraft. We had put the lift kit in and we only had one issue with the height, one of the spots we backed into was on an incline, we actually drug the sway bar and not the jacks. Over all we are very pleased with the Gulfstream, the space was about right for the two of us and the air conditioner kept it cool enough inside, although it is pretty loud. The only other issue we had was we had a minor leak under the kitchen and bathroom sinks, but I tightened the fittings, problem solved. One thing I discovered when I was cleaning up the water, under the sink, below the cabinet and below the microwave is open space. I think the one under the cabinet will be converted into a drawer and the one under the microwave will get a door so I can use it to store things I don't need often. I have to be careful to keep access to these area's because the wiring and plumbing is there as well.
Anyway don't want to take up too much space just wanted to share our experiance.
By the way ours is a 19erg.

bomert
09-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I really like the Visa 23bhd and looking at the floorplan it looks to be a true walk around bed but when looking at pictures it seems that the bed is right up against the dinette. Is there room to walk around that side of the bed? I haven't seen one in person yet, so I want to be sure it's the one before I drive a few hundred miles. thanks in advance. Bob

brains77396
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Yes, you will be able to walk around. Not a ton of room, but doable.

KristinU
09-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I really like the Visa 23bhd and looking at the floorplan it looks to be a true walk around bed but when looking at pictures it seems that the bed is right up against the dinette. Is there room to walk around that side of the bed? I haven't seen one in person yet, so I want to be sure it's the one before I drive a few hundred miles. thanks in advance. Bob
We have our bed all puffed up with two memory foam toppers that are a little too long and a tucked in quilt and at this point I do have to turn sideways to get by...but I think I could walk normal before we "supplemented" the bed. I'll measure it tomorrow for you and report back.

bomert
09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks to both of you, I was looking at Flagstaff and Rockwood but I didn't like the way the door opened up right at the bed. We have a 10 yr old daughter and she just loves the bunk beds, by the way Kristen, I love your blog, keep the adventures coming. Bob

KristinU
09-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Bob,
It is 12" from the end of the mattress to the back off the dinette. I also snapped a pic for you if you would like to see. Shoot me a private message with your email address. Feel free to ask any other specifics on the 23BHD.

DonMitsu
09-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I decided to break down and buy the lift kit. When I called I was informed the lift kit only worked if I had the Lippert Chassis. I can't find the chassis manufacturer name anywhere on the chassis. How do you know who the chassis supplier is? Has anyone tried an aftermarket solution?

sam75
09-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Don,
For your info: We bought our 2010 19ERD used, and it did not have the stock lift kit (which bolts onto the pre-drilled trailer frame and axle flange holes), but looks like a trailer hitch or welding shop simply cut 2 lengths of 2x3 rectangular tube (I can measure the thickness if you want to go this route) about a foot long, and welded one on each side of the trailer between axle and trailer frame - welded the top of the tube to the trailer frame along both edges, then welded the L-shaped axle flanges to the side and bottom of the tube. The downside with this is that if I ever need to replace the axle assembly, it's back to a welding shop for cut and grind...
Check the axle itself - it should have a label. Ours does - it says "Lippert Components, Inc. (LCI1.com) 3500 lbs gross NV# 231738, part no. LC135-DTB-84-63.25-ID-10D-LPIB-L-545. I don't think it matters who made the chassis - if you have a Lippert axle, I would think the lift kit would fit, but if it doesn't, have it welded wherever the holes don't align up.
If you would like a picture of ours, I'd be happy to take a shot of it for you. email me at [email protected]

DonMitsu
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks Sam I appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered the lift kit from Gulf Stream so If it's the wrong one I may contact you for that picture

conncats
09-24-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm seriously considering a 17FWD, which I understand is new for 2012. It's the smallest. The dealer wants to sell me weight distribution bars and something called "friction sway" for $725 installed. I know these are good things to have for heavier trailers. The trailer weighs 2570 dry/3500 gvwr and is 20' long. I'm towing with a Chevy Avalanche which comes with a Class III hitch (5000# towed and #500 tongue weight). I've towed a 4000#/14' 2-horse trailer with it. My question is: Is it worth it to pay the $725 extra for this size trailer?

DonMitsu
09-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't know that you need a lot but a single axle trailer can be more susceptible to sway

tinapetel
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I have used a sway bar but not weight distribution bars on both SUVs with which I have pulled our 19' Visa. I would try it without the weight distribution bars; you can always add them later.

KristinU
09-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Personally, I think I might try it without WD and sway control first then decide for yourself. We have an Equal-i-Zer that does both, but our 23 BHD is more trailer than the 17FWD. Then if you decide you want sway control and/or weight distribution you can research the different manufacturers then watch Craigslist. There's always going to be someone up-sizing or selling or something. We bought our setup from a guy that was moving up in size to a 5th wheel from a travel trailer.

toaobigal
09-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Very easy to know if you need WDH: if you hook it up to your vehicule and if the rear end is sagging more than 1 inch, you should use WHD. On my MDX, it sags about 3 inches without the bars. As for the sway bar, I consider it cheap insurance: I don't know if you ever experienced a bad sway at 60 mph but it's scary and dangerous to you an other vehicules around you, even to the point where it could be lethal. When it comes to safety, better to have a little too much than not enough.

DonMitsu
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Finally installed the factory lift kit on our Visa the axle bolted right up, but the grey water drain pipe is stressed across the top of the axle, I'm a little concern that this could lead to leaking down the road. Has anyone else had an issue with the factory lift kit and the grey water tank plumbing?

buckcooper
09-28-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm seriously considering a 17FWD, which I understand is new for 2012. It's the smallest. The dealer wants to sell me weight distribution bars and something called "friction sway" for $725 installed. I know these are good things to have for heavier trailers. The trailer weighs 2570 dry/3500 gvwr and is 20' long. I'm towing with a Chevy Avalanche which comes with a Class III hitch (5000# towed and #500 tongue weight). I've towed a 4000#/14' 2-horse trailer with it. My question is: Is it worth it to pay the $725 extra for this size trailer?

I followed a small travel trailer last weekend that was all over the road, wish he would have had a sway bar. I have the weight distribution bars with the friction sway control and don't regret spending the money. I had separate distribution bars from my anti sway bar on my old rig and this one is a lot easier to hook-up. By the way I have a 19erd which isn't a lot bigger than you are looking at.

rvgirl2011
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
i bought the visa rbk. love the design and the setup but had to have several things fixed. the lasted is the support for the furnance broke and we were unable to heat the camper up. our slide out also leaks and does not have a great seal. anyone else with these problems?

paulchampagne7
10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Hi,

Just bought a 2012 VISA rbk and a Pathfinder V6. My new kit replaces a 2006 Cougar 28 feet fith wheel and a 2007 Gas Silverado 2500. Objective is to lower gas bills ( We averaged 8,8 mpg us gallons, 26,5 l / 100 km) and this tandem was very difficult to back up in narrow national parks campgrounds.

Plus of new Visa were aerodynamic profile, solid roof, lots of windows, large fridge, dual wheels, large shower, walk around bed.

Minus was 22,5 feet camper lenght, our objective was 20, small kitchen, no drawers for ustensils, limited cargo capacity, we were spoiled by the fith wheel.

On our first trip wich was very brief, we averaged 12,9 mpg us gallons, 18,5 l/100 km. I think I can fare a little better on the long run. I drive very conservative, i.e. 55-60 mph. Our area is hilly countryside, as in Vermont.

Paul Champagne
Ayer's Cliff
Quebec

deltamark
10-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Currently in the middle of a two-week vacation with our 2011 GS Visa RSD and the Dometic refrigerator stopped cooling when using propane. The pilot is on and there's enough propane. Any ideas, suggestions?

tinapetel
10-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Push and hold the MODE button until it shuts off. Then restart. This has cured a few of my problems

deltamark
10-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Did try this several times. I'm hoping it will kick it in. Thanks!

Push and hold the MODE button until it shuts off. Then restart. This has cured a few of my problems

DonMitsu
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Where do you transport a Yamaha 2400. I have moved my battery box and made a place to transport a Honda eu2000i between the propane tanks and the front of the trailer but there isn't enough room for the Yamaha 2400. I don't like the idea of transporting inside the trailer or TV and I certainly don't want to lift it up to the luggage rack of the TV.

leonmacha
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Several small problems, one big one. TV antenna cable had an assembly staple driven thru it, had to replace coax and re-route. Tub drain was loose and leaked. Sink faucet spout blew out under normal use, had to replace. Water pump often will not self-prime, will replace. A/C compressor vibration drums through body, most noticeable in bedroom, trying extra foam jammed between A/C and roof skin. Added several hooks and racks to improve storage capacity. Added an extra battery for primitive camp. Moved black water hose storage to rear bumper. Location under hitch hit on speed bumps. Black water and grey water drain outlets were mis-labeled. Original TV antenna not at all effective. Much better available, but difficult to adapt.

Safety Item - Watch for Tire Wear - after 3000 miles the tires were badly worn on inside of both. You will only notice if you stick your head under trailer. Another 500 miles would have been a blow out. Lippert Components axle was fabricated out of alignment. Gulf Stream provided new tires and Lippert a new axle and Lippert paid labor bill for install. Now I am out of warranty and will have to make another 3000-5000 miles to know if fixed right.

NOW- after fiddling with all this stuff, I think we have a good RV. It is perfect for 2 on the road. Design is practical. As large and light as anything we could find. Quality of assembly is not great, but normal for most RVs. RVers all tell me about crappy workmanship when you look under the shiny skin.

3-27-2013 After one 1500 mile round trip to Big Bend NP, have to replace new tires. Already near to blow out. Extreme wear on inside edge of each tire. UNSAFE! New axle from Lippert is worse than the first. Gulf Stream accepts no responsibility for an under-engineered unit built with sloppy workmanship.
The mattress from GS sucks. Got a custom (short queen) mattress from a local furniture store for about $250. Local mattress manufacturers can custom assemble one in a week or two.

RinconVTR
03-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Picked up our 23BHD this week to do a little prep work and sending it back. Its towed by the also new, Honda Pilot. It replaced the Honda Ody so we could buy the 23BHD over the 19RSD. The Pilot tows really nice, for an SUV that gets a bad rap for towing. Sure, when its windy I know its back there, but I read that from everyone! Brakes are a complete non-issue and I found out why. The 23 has brakes on both axles. I didnt expect that! And power is plenty. The whole set up actually feels better than the Ody did pulling a 2200lb pop up or a 3600lb 3 place ATV trailer. Having that experience, I expect the difference is all due to the Equalizer E2.

I'll have more about the camper itself as the season begins. For now, the biggest issue is mounting the TV! LOL

http://www.gsowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_15786_25d728c9e9b349ac35a5e4737c63e5aa.jpg

KristinU
03-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Congrats! We, too, have the 23BHD and are very happy with it.

We mounted a TV using this: http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Articulating-Bracket-Screen-Monitor/dp/B000ID7QNI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331819340&sr=8-3 Mounted it on the outside wall to the right of the kitchen cabinets. Note: use a studfinder and don't just assume the sticker stating "mount TV Here" is at a stud (ours most definitely wasn't.) We remove the hinge pin at the hinge closest to the wall to take the TV down for travel...actually we leave it down and stowed most of the time and only put it up when it is raining if we aren't dry campinng or we're somewhere like Disney where we're using the camper as a hotel room. Anyway, taking the TV down for travel took away any concerns about movement and stress and trying to come up with some sort of strap system or way to secure it for travel.

RinconVTR
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Congrats! We, too, have the 23BHD and are very happy with it.

We mounted a TV using this: http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Articulating-Bracket-Screen-Monitor/dp/B000ID7QNI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331819340&sr=8-3 Mounted it on the outside wall to the right of the kitchen cabinets. Note: use a studfinder and don't just assume the sticker stating "mount TV Here" is at a stud (ours most definitely wasn't.) We remove the hinge pin at the hinge closest to the wall to take the TV down for travel...actually we leave it down and stowed most of the time and only put it up when it is raining if we aren't dry campinng or we're somewhere like Disney where we're using the camper as a hotel room. Anyway, taking the TV down for travel took away any concerns about movement and stress and trying to come up with some sort of strap system or way to secure it for travel.

Ironically, I click on your link and Amazon reminds me "You puchased this on...." LOL. So, I have the very same thing.

And thanks for the other info...VERY good to know!

RinconVTR
03-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Did some power tests on the 23BHD while connected to 120v 15amp outlet.

The micro draws about 800 but I didnt snap a pic or record what else was running.

The AC will run fine on a 15amp circuit and the surge when turned on did not peak past 1600 the best I could see while watching the gauge. As shown, the number also reflects one TV and one pair of lights. And speaking of lights, I might buy some LED's from eBay, cause they really add up the watts!

http://www.gsowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_15800_e4dfc28c94cae3176fd1991d3365b41c.jpg

KristinU
04-21-2012, 07:01 AM
Did some power tests on the 23BHD while connected to 120v 15amp outlet.

The micro draws about 800 but I didnt snap a pic or record what else was running.

The AC will run fine on a 15amp circuit and the surge when turned on did not peak past 1600 the best I could see while watching the gauge. As shown, the number also reflects one TV and one pair of lights. And speaking of lights, I might buy some LED's from eBay, cause they really add up the watts!

http://www.gsowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_15907_e4dfc28c94cae3176fd1991d3365b41c.jpg
Thanks for sharing your findings!

In the LEDs, we started with a couple from Ebay and a couple off of Amazon. Make sure to buy ones that state'warm light' otherwise they'll be pretty blue. The ones we bought on Ebay were cheaper and definitely blue. We put those in the lesser used fixtures for now but will switch them out soon since I noticed that some of the little diodes were falling off of those...so I think they're not as well made.

jetjock
04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Ok all of you Visa owners out there. I have tried for over a year to get my dealer to fix my fridge so that it runs off of the battery when attached to the truck. This is a quote from my last attempt.

"Per Dometic simply jumping 12v and house power would not work. 12v input needs to sense alternator power to work. Per Dometic said 12v house is not the same. Also per Dometic 12v mode will only help to keep an already fully chilled refer cold for 6-8 hours. 12v option on refer is meant to be used with unit that has alternator present."

So when the trailer is attached to my truck, shouldn't it be drawing power from the truck's alternator. We are just trying to make the fridge stay cold between stops.Isn't that what it is supposed to do? I know I have seen a couple of posts on here that mention a dealer that made the change and it was simple. My dealer tried ONCE to call and get the details but never made contact.

Do any of you run your fridge on 12v when towing?

Thanks for any help.
Larry

It took me quite a lot of time to research but, I now have my Dometic RML 8555 3-way Fridge wired up to automatically select 12V when driving.

You will need a wiring diagram of your vehicle's ignition system. You have to splice a wire to the wire that goes to the RUN contact on your ignition switch (Pin 2 on my 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan). You have to run this wire to the D+ (may be labelled "Ignition Plus") terminal of the 3 section 12V DC Electronic Terminal Block on the Fridge. The other connections to that Terminal Block are + (plus) and - (negative) and they are already connected directly to the trailer battery. I ran the wire from the ignition switch to the center (unused) terminal of my vehicle power recepticle and another wire from the the center connecter of the trailer power cord to the D+ terminal on the fridge.

Works like a charm. Now when my fridge is on AUTO (120V) and I unplug the trailer, the fridge automatically goes to GAS. Once I hook up and turn the ignition switch on, the fridge goes to 12V. When I stop and turn off the van, the fridge stays on 12V for a 15 min. delay. This ensures that the fridge doesn't go to GAS while you are fueling up your vehicle. After the 15 min. delay, if ignition power is not restored, the fridge switches to GAS. If you plug in, the fridge goes to 120V. Hope this helps.

If more info is required, contact me at [email protected]. I will send some diagrams that are too big to attach here.

charby
04-26-2012, 12:15 PM
What is the output of 12v outlet near the TV? What size inverter can be pluged in for ac power while dry camping ie TV.

DonMitsu
04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
A 2000i will run the AC. I only use thev12v outlet to charge my cell so I have no idea how many amps

Bridge707
04-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Hi. My wife and I purchased a 2012 Visa ERD today to replace our Rpod. I have a simple questions to start with. Does anyone know where we can get a socet that will work with the leveling jacks used on this unit? I use a power drill and low and behold the jacks dont have a standard 3/4 inch end. Any help would be appriciated.

Greg and Julie Bridgeman

charby
04-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi. My wife and I purchased a 2012 Visa ERD today to replace our Rpod. I have a simple questions to start with. Does anyone know where we can get a socet that will work with the leveling jacks used on this unit? I use a power drill and low and behold the jacks dont have a standard 3/4 inch end. Any help would be appriciated.

Greg and Julie Bridgeman

I took a deep socket that fits over the threaded rod, and then used a grinder to make 2 slits opposite to each other.
Now it slides in and grips for drill use.

Timothy
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Camping World has then http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Ultra-Speed-Socket/34587/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3334353837&gclid=CIHl7smV268CFU3UKgod_Dt7Bg. RV dealers usually sell them too, you might find them cheaper on the web, just search for ultra speed socket.

RinconVTR
04-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Camping World has then http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Ultra-Speed-Socket/34587/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3334353837&gclid=CIHl7smV268CFU3UKgod_Dt7Bg. RV dealers usually sell them too, you might find them cheaper on the web, just search for ultra speed socket.

Thats not the correct tool. That tool has a hex drive, which does not fit the jacks on the Visa.

My dealer sold me one, but it was not packaged. So they exsist, I just dont know what name to look for.

Timothy
04-30-2012, 09:19 PM

Thats not the correct tool. That tool has a hex drive, which does not fit the jacks on the Visa.

My dealer sold me one, but it was not packaged. So they exsist, I just dont know what name to look for.

Sorry, I thought they were all the same.

jandmz
05-08-2012, 10:05 AM
We use one like this.

http://odmrv.com/catalog/index.php?main ... ts_id=1115 (http://odmrv.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110&products_id=1115)

We got it from our RV dealer for about the same price. The only problem with it is that the shaft is too smooth and tends to spin in the drill chuck. I had to grind flat spots on the shaft so the chuck can grip it better.

charby
05-08-2012, 10:27 AM
This is exactly what I did to a 5/8" deep socket with drill adaptor of course.

Bridge707
05-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks to all for their replies. I ordered one today from Tweety's

leonmacha
03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
As with so many owners we carefully researched and compared, then bought. Many, many problems since then. Most have been the fixables that you expect with the sloppy workmanship in RVs. The serious one on our 19ERD 2011 is that the Lippert torsion axle is not capable of holding the tires in alignment and the tires wear on the inside edge. Usually ready to blow out by 3000 miles. My axle and tires were replaced once, but is worse now than the first. Be ready to buy new tires for each 2500 mile trip and risk a blow out. The VISA is a SAFETY HAZARD. Out of warranty when we realized that the new axle was worse than the original. Gulf Stream accepts no responsibility for the innovative RV that they under-engineered. If you are not tool handy, DO NOT buy an RV. They are built with crappy workmanship, and unreliable components.

MichaelBrock
08-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello,

My wife and I have been looking for a lightweight trailer (Preferably under 3,000 lbs.) for the past few months. Have looked at r-Pods, MPG's, Jayco Hybrids, KZ Sportsmen, etc. Today we looked at the 19RSD and the 19ERD. They are nice-looking units and we may end up choosing the RSD. I am surprised by the length / weight ratio. The RSD apparently weighs in under 2,800 lbs. for such a long unit.

We have a Newfoundland dog and so want some space that we can use for the mini-moose. The bunk and dinette area seem to accomplish that. My wife liked the unit and of course that is critical. At first, she thought it to be too small, but after envisioning how we typically would use it, felt that it was nice and would meet our needs.

The bathroom is nice ... has a medicine cabinet, separate shower with shallow tub and foot-flush toilet. The kitchen double sink is nice. There are plenty of led lighting (http://www.niceledlights.com) in the unit. There is a shelf that you could use at the head of the bed that seems like it will be convenient. Kitchen storage is not as plentiful as we would like, but there seems to be many other storage areas in the RSD. The kitchen dinette table in the RSD is a bit smallish.

According to the sales rep, the RSD we saw was at an RV show and apparently took a beating because there were a number of minor issues with it. The front door latch wasn't properly installed and caused an issue when opening / closing the door; A grab handle on the outside of the unit was half off, looked like it was only glued on. A curtain for the bedroom area was completely down, seemed to pull out of the ceiling. The panel cover for the refrigerator had come off, again appeared to be only glued on; Some parts of the "Visa" decals on the ERD were already coming off. What I am most concerned about though, is that the propane gas pipe under the unit already has quite a bit of rust on it. Don't know if this is normal, but the unit was manufactured in February 2010, so it didn't seem like it should have that much rust on it. I was thinking about contacting Gulf Stream to inquire.

In any case, we do like the Visas overall. Good-looking, unique, lightweight and I believe they will be a good value if the construction quality proves to be good.

Look forward to hearing any other thoughts on the unit.

Were you able to get the trailer you were searching for you wife.? Even I need an affordable one for my wife so please help me..

thphelps
02-24-2014, 03:37 PM
For your question about generators, I recently purchased a Champion 3100i inverter generator. It works great, is quiet and will definitely run the AC on my 2011 Visa RGU. Bought it at Camping world on sale for $899, then talked to a guy who bought his from them on sale for $699. I missed that one. Anyway the generator works great and doesn't weigh that much so is easy to lift in and out of my truck ('12 Honda Ridgeline).

Fredford
03-26-2014, 09:01 AM
We bought the 19RBS Vista at an RV show in our area in Jan and pick it up next month so for now can't attest to its usage just yet. We went in many, many trailers and after narrowing it down to 2 models, we went with the Vista, even though it was slightly more expensive than option B. We were particularly looking for a walk around bed (tired of crawling over) and a dinette table, which this model has. This model hit the mark and we felt it would hold its value more than the Option B. The interior felt very spacious for the size and weight of the trailer (we are pulling it with a Highlander so weight was critical). It would be a tight squeeze for more than 2 people although doable with a child folding down the dinette, but roomy enough for 2, especially after our 8 ft box pop up. I was originally concerned the model doesn't have an oven, just a microwave and a 2 burner stove top but in reality, when we camped with our pop up and our tent we didn't have an oven then either so decided it wasn't worth the extra $ to have one installed. We can always buy a toaster oven if we do longer trips and find it necessary. We liked the solid one piece aluminum outside frame and the floor was made out of a composite which doesn't mould. Looked to be enough storage space.

psgoodale
04-14-2014, 06:17 PM
We just bought a new 2013 Visa RBS. I noticed the 2014 models have changed and are called Vista. We landed a price of 16,900 which I feel is good. I have been reading about others having bent axels and or uneven tire wear issues. Is there anyone who has not encountered this issue? Any other 2013 RBS Visa owners happy? I hope we didn't just buy a lemon. Also I noticed there is a few issues on the gulfstream website. (cant locate a dealer in the area.) Is that normal?

DayDreamer
07-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Hi All, new here but wanted to comment. We picked up a 2013 VISA CSK this spring new off the lot and so far have been quite happy. Everything seems to work well, we have been out twice so far and have almost 2500km on it (we're in Ontario) and so far so good. The tire/axle issue concerns me but I've been keeping an eye on things and nothing seems to be out of whack ant the tires seem fine... The water pump is loud but I'm going to hard mount it to the floor and if that doesn't work I'll just upgrade. Had a little water come in through one of the front seams but I went around checking and reapplying silicone where needed and we're good now.
Going from a tent to a pop-up to a ROO to the VISA this is a great little trailer for us, tows well, looks great and we bought from Campkins RV in Whitby where they seem to be very customer focused so I am hoping if anything does come up they'll be able to take care of it.
I am interested in reading more on this trailer though.
Cheers!
:D

kasi
08-08-2014, 12:47 AM
A lot of trailers in that size range have a wet bath and that type of trailer is good during the traveling...

jeg1944
08-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Just purchased a 2013 19ERD second hand and seeing as it had no owners manual, I searched for one online and found this forum. I have already learned many things from all you guys. I look forward to learning more. So far I love the trailer but I'm a little worried about tire wear. It has new trailer designated tires on it now and I wonder why as it's only a year old. We had a Casita 17 SD and loved it except for the bed being crossways. The reason I looked for and bought a Visa 19 ERD was the walk around bed. Hope i didn't make a mistake.

tinapetel
08-11-2014, 09:18 AM
We had a Casita 17 SD, our 1st RV and also traded it after 5 years and 60,000 miles for a Visa ERD for the same reason as you, plus a real shower. We have enjoyed our Visa which is a 2011 model. The Casita has made and perfected the same trailer for about 30 years. This shows in comparison to the Visa, a brand new design in 2011. Both the build quality and the space utilization are much better in the Casita. The Casita brand also benefits from a large and vocal owners group.

jeg1944
08-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Can someone tell me the part number for the lift kit for the 19ERD and how to order online? I have searched the Gulf Stream site until I'm blue in the face and can't find an online parts dept. Help!!! :?

tinapetel
08-19-2014, 05:05 PM
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3729#p17333 (http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3729#p17333)

Above is a link to photos of my visa lift kit. I just called Gulfstream and placed the order. It was about $150.

jeg1944
08-20-2014, 08:32 AM
OK. So you have to call instead of ordering online. Thanks for the help..

jeg1944
08-26-2014, 11:58 AM
OK. So you have to call instead of ordering online. Thanks for the help..
In line with this post, I found out that Gulfstream will not sell to an individual. They told me I had to use a RV dealer to order the part. However, they did begrudgingly gave up the part number for the kit. FYI, it is 021AR7. It cost $88.64 though a local RV dealer. Southern RV in Tyler TX has been very helpful, more so than Gulfstream has been and because of that I will probably have them install it..

jward52
09-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I don't know what the quality of those older Visa 19s is but the newer ones leave a lot to be desired. Here's text of a letter I will snail-mail to GS tomorrow:

GULF STREAM
503 South Oakland Ave
Nappanee, Indiana 46550

RE: Visa Travel Trailer, Model Number - D19RBS, VIN – 1NL1DTH20D1029363

My wife and I purchased the above referenced trailer from Annie Rae RV in DeWitt, Mi, at an RV show in February 2013. Since then, we’ve had to return the trailer to the dealer several times for warranty repair work, including one item that couldn’t be resolved due to the poor quality of the components. That was ill-fitting window screens that had gaps of up to ¼ inch at the corners. Since the replacement parts didn’t fix the problem, I used black vinyl tape to stop bugs from flying in when the windows were open.

Last fall, while the RV was parked at my property for use during hunting season, a mouse found out how to get in and left a huge mess…the rodent’s entry point was an unplugged three-inch hole in the floor where the ¾-inch hot and cold water drain tubes exited. I wonder how the factory and the dealer missed that. I fixed the problem with a plastic coffee container lid, screws, and flat caulking strips.

Also, just last week, I noticed a leak in the roof over the bathroom sink. The dealer’s service person had to remove the molding at the top corner, dry out the inside of the walls, reseal it, and reinstall the molding. Since the RV is now out of warranty, we had to pay for an hour of labor and materials totaling nearly $90.

We never had those kinds of problems with our two previous RVs, a Fleetwood and a Jayco. We are very disappointed in the lack of quality in materials and workmanship in this trailer. We realize this is an RV intended for the budget-minded consumer, but we still expect quality workmanship. We shouldn’t have to worry about bugs and mice getting in the RV and the roof leaking, especially with an RV that is less than two years old with less than 1,000 miles on it.

Sincerely,
Robert J. Ward

cankicker
09-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Hi Robert,
Not sure if you have seen any of my posts, but I have a 2 month old 2015 17RWD for just the Mrs and I.

Ultralight construction seems to mean flimsy and cheap since after buying it I have had a chance to really look it over, and notice things that I had overlooked in my "buyers blindness".
Things such as hastily sealed parts on the exterior where the clear sealant looks under or over smeared, little to no sealing where pipes/tubes enter or exit the frame underneath, unfinished plywood edges on access panels under bed and seats where we have gotten splinters, carpet remnants used as cushioning material for water pump, some water puddled on the floor under the dining room table (I still don't know where it came from), etc...
Unfortunately, very hastily thrown together and shows a typical "old school" Amish way of building with whatever is at hand. I don't blame the Amish as much as the Mfg for not providing them the appropriate materials for the job. I also have the same gaps around the window screens as you but haven't had a chance to bother with it. I have no GS dealers near me, so I will have to fix as needed on my own.
i just bought some stainless wool and some great stuff to seal as much as possible before winterizing. I am very grateful though that they were considerate enough to have included a winterizing kit on the pump, and a bypass on the WH. Will make my job much easier.

For the price, I am mostly satisfied with my TT although in a few years will look closely at the Casita and Oliver for a bit more money.

John

Guylene
10-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Hello to all!
I am new to this board, I am also an almost new owner of a VISA 19erd.
I really enjoy reading everyones comments, this is a great way to get informations
We purchased our TT almost a year ago and traveled from campsite to campsite for 3 months non stop and never had any problem with it except for it being to low. We live in BC. Canada and I was wondering if anyone knows where we can buy the lift kit that everyone is talking about.
Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the manual awning on the VISA 19erd, I'm wanting to purchase the Carefree extra room.
By the way we really enjoy our TT, it is perfect for the 2 of us!

cankicker
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Welcome!
We almost bought a Vista 19RBS, but being my first TT I was scared of buying too large for just the two of us, and didn't want anything too heavy that my 6 cyl couldn't handle. So we ended up with the 17RWD.
No regrets other than it would be nice to have a queen bed.

BTW, I have read that most have contacted GS directly to buy the lift kit. I thought of it also, but have heard the TT will wander more on the road being higher up (and more wind underneath). You will also need to get a step stool of sorts since the steps will also be too high.

Cheers!
John

jeg1944
10-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Hey Guylene,
I had the lift kit installed and have no problems with towing. Step is still a reasonable distance but if needed one could use a step stool. I believe your photo shows that you already use a step. If you scan my other posts on this blog you will see the part number for the kit. Gulfstream will not sell to an indivdual so I had a local RV dealer ( Southern RV Tyler,TX ) order and install it. Enjoy.

samaraknell
10-31-2014, 10:15 PM
thanks for welcoming and what about gulf stream visa ?
and what do you think of sms gps tracker (http://www.chinazrh.com/wholesale-portable-gprssms-gps-tracking-device-car-and-family-locator-sos-alert-p-2394.html)

jayrock
03-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Good morning, just bought a used 2011 Visa 19RSD in January. And had a couple quick questions if anyone could help me out that would be great.

1) is there an external propane hook-up for a BBQ
2) is there any mod I could do to hang curtains at the upper and lower bunk. My 8 and 6 year old want curtains.
3) can the back bumper support the weigh of a bike rack , or is it best just to put the bikes inside.
4) is the water heater gas only or is it electric as well.
5) which is the best add-a-room option

I am sure I will have more, but this is it for now.

Looking forward to the snow to be gone so I can pick it up and get out there. Will be nice not to have to set up the old tent trailer any more.

Guylene
03-16-2015, 11:01 AM
-I have the 19 erd and the gas hook up is under near the front.
-We did install a trailer hitch for our bikes, welded to the frame at a cost of $400.
-Get extension curtain rods for the bunks or shower rod.
-yes the water heater is gas only
-carefree is the best add on room for me.

Hope this helps

jayrock
03-16-2015, 11:16 AM
perfect. Thank you very much.

Keep the answers and suggestions coming. THanks

tinapetel
03-17-2015, 07:15 AM

There is an external propane hook-up on my 19' Visa, curbside,about halfway between the door and the front end of the trailer,under the frame.

2) is there any mod I could do to hang curtains at the upper and lower bunk. My 8 and 6 year old want curtains.
3) can the back bumper support the weigh of a bike rack , or is it best just to put the bikes inside.

These Visa's, when loaded, are very close to their weight limits of 3800#. The tires and axle seem to be the limiting factor. Adding extra weight to the very rear of the trailer would only add to this problem. You may find guidance from others whom have done this. In any case weigh you trailer at a truck stop when it is loaded ready to go traveling. Make sure you are under 3800#

Mine was gas only. I added a "Hot Rod" electric heater to mine. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... llon/47672 (http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/hott-rod-water-heater-conversion-kit-6-gallon/47672)

5) which is the best add-a-room option

Never seen one on a Visa, but I would be interested also in this.

Pete Collins

RinconVTR
03-21-2015, 07:43 PM

Yes, look for the quick connect under the body, likely many feet to the right of the entry door.

Yes, many privacy curtains are available, which hang from a simple lightweight track from the ceiling. They are not easy to find, but they do exist. We have them in our 23BHD, and I see them in many other TT's with double bunks.
https://www.campingworld.com/order/wiza ... d_group=11 (https://www.campingworld.com/order/wizard/index.cfm?skuNum=10120d&cord_group=11)

Yes, BUT its not a typical install. See my post.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3753&p=19785#p19785 (http://gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3753&p=19785#p19785)

All water heaters in the Visa/Vista line are GAS.

mefrige
03-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Hello all...Thank you for all your posts.

We are picking up our "New" 2013 Visa RSD this month and are very grateful for all your comments. We will be doing a thorough inspection especially as this has been sitting around on the dealer's lot for some time, but I couldn't turn down the price.. I am considering the Paktron Micro rollers - does anyone know if the they can be welded or bolted to the rear bumper?

Also I called Gulfstream to find out if there had been any warranty claims on this unit and they couldn't tell me...any suggestions on how to find out, other than outright asking the dealer?

Much appreciated.

MikeK
03-30-2015, 07:06 PM
What size is your RSD?

We have a 2013 Vista 23 RSD and love it.

mefrige
04-02-2015, 09:52 AM
It is the 23RSD sorry....Have you had any issues with sealant cracking or tire rot, our units are about the same age - this RSD has been on the dealer's lot in the elements for three years I have some concerns. Also any issues with the rear bottoming out? Do you use a Seay/WD hitch?

MikeK
04-03-2015, 05:30 AM
:D Just inspect the silicone sealant and recaulk as needed. No tire rot but again inspect tires regularly. No problem bottoming out. I put on a 2" reciever on the back (100 lbs max) for a bike rack. Yes I do use a WDH w/ sway bar. It's much safer with more control . Getting ready to take out of storage and GO. Hope the info helps HAPPY CAMPING :D

mefrige
04-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks Mike. I should be picking it up in a couple of weeks from the dealer. I will be pulling with a '06Tundra - did you need a step down hitch ball? Happy camping.

MikeK
04-05-2015, 05:35 AM
If you are using a WDH, it's adjustable :)

mefrige
04-14-2015, 03:36 PM
I am actually going to be using the new lighter Hensley Arrow Cub, Supposed to eliminate competently trailer sway, for $1700 I hope so!! 60 day Guarantee - we'll see.

MikeK
04-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Let me know how it works out and Happy Camping

jayrock
05-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Picking up the new (well used) 2011 Visa 19RSD today, can not wait. Still need to get the tranny cooler on the Grand Caravan 2013, but we will be ready to go for may long weekend. Super excited to get it home tonight after my walk through and to start getting it ready to go.

mefrige
05-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Just picked up the New 2013 RSD and towed it 1500 mi with my 2006 Tundta V8 and the Hensley Cub and it towed like a DREAM...parked it out front and the Kids camped in it the first night...Some minor cosmetic issues but looking forward to a summer of fun.

jayrock
05-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Picked up the Visa on Friday...love it, a couple little things need to be fixed up, but that is the trouble with buying used.

Two quick things.

1. How do I repair the main seal on the front left side of the trailer. It looks like a chunck of the plastic was hit by a stone.

2. What type of hose do I use on the exterior propane quick connect.

tinapetel
05-04-2015, 08:15 PM
"What type of hose do I use on the exterior propane quick connect." Camping World and other stores with propane accessories have these hoses all made up.

jayrock
05-13-2015, 04:03 PM
How do I get to the water pump on my 2011 Visa 19RSD

05-14-2015, 08:31 PM
It should be closed to the fresh water tank and fix on the floor

jeg1944
05-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Under the bed near fresh water tank.

mefrige
06-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Anyone have experience installing a spare tire mount on the rear bumper? I found this on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlso ... al_qh_dp_t (https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-TR-2-Universal-Carrier/dp/B002SSEXSM/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t)) to free up storage space in under the bed but the U bolts are too long ... wondering if the C-bumper can even handle the weight?

philabele
06-01-2017, 08:11 PM
The bumper cannot handle the weight. Other forums have shown owners who installed auxiliary hitch assemblies by reinforcing the bumper and attaching fasteners to both the bumper and a cross frame member.

Fionasgarden
05-22-2018, 09:37 AM
My husband and I just bought a used 2012 Visa 19RGU. We are loving it so far!

For the life of us we cannot figure out how to configure the dinette cushions into a bed. We can get the table lowered and into place but the cushions don’t seem to fit into a bed no matter which way we try.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram they could
Share?

Thank you!
Fiona and Rob Jones
Victoria, BC Canada 🇨🇦

Fionasgarden
08-07-2018, 11:28 PM
/var/folders/yr/9y6qwrpn73gf8m_rdmwsb6lw0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_4340-3.jpeg

amblttow
08-23-2018, 11:52 AM
We have a 2011 19RGU and are very happy with it. Love the tubless shower and there is under bed storage. Had to install 3 inch lift kit - original height of unit is way too low - lost 2 stab. jacks. Tows like a dream with a full size p/u truck. Only reduces normal fuel economy by a factor of 5- 6 l/100km. Lack of kitchen drawers was a problem but we solved that.

Cheers

amblttow
08-23-2018, 12:03 PM
My husband and I just bought a used 2012 Visa 19RGU. We are loving it so far!

For the life of us we cannot figure out how to configure the dinette cushions into a bed. We can get the table lowered and into place but the cushions don’t seem to fit into a bed no matter which way we try.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram they could
Share?

Thank you!
Fiona and Rob Jones
Victoria, BC Canada 🇨🇦

We have same model purch used, table damaged so we had no idea it could be lowered. Not big enough for bed anyway. You may find you will need a lift kit on the axle. Originial design very low.

Cheers

Gerry & Jill
St. Marys. Ont.
Daughter in Victoria

amblttow
08-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Anyone have experience installing a spare tire mount on the rear bumper? I found this on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlso ... al_qh_dp_t (https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-TR-2-Universal-Carrier/dp/B002SSEXSM/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t)) to free up storage space in under the bed but the U bolts are too long ... wondering if the C-bumper can even handle the weight?

2011 19RGU Spare mounts under tlr on RF corner. What model do you have?

amblttow
08-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Hello to all!
I am new to this board, I am also an almost new owner of a VISA 19erd.
I really enjoy reading everyones comments, this is a great way to get informations
We purchased our TT almost a year ago and traveled from campsite to campsite for 3 months non stop and never had any problem with it except for it being to low. We live in BC. Canada and I was wondering if anyone knows where we can buy the lift kit that everyone is talking about.
Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the manual awning on the VISA 19erd, I'm wanting to purchase the Carefree extra room.
By the way we really enjoy our TT, it is perfect for the 2 of us!

We purchased a lift kit by Lippert from Camp Out RV in Stratford Ont. If this forum has private message facility I will correspond with you that way and try to get you the part number.

Gerry

Fionasgarden
08-23-2018, 01:36 PM
We have same model purch used, table damaged so we had no idea it could be lowered. Not big enough for bed anyway. You may find you will need a lift kit on the axle. Originial design very low.

Cheers

Gerry & Jill
St. Marys. Ont.
Daughter in Victoria
Thanks for your reply!
We alresdy installed lift kit as soon as we got our Visa- so necessary because, like you, we found the original height far too low and knew we would have bottomed out all over the place.
We just got home from a 2 week camping trip in Washington State with our Visa; we truly LOVE our unit!

amblttow
08-23-2018, 03:00 PM
Thanks for your reply!
We alresdy installed lift kit as soon as we got our Visa- so necessary because, like you, we found the original height far too low and knew we would have bottomed out all over the place.
We just got home from a 2 week camping trip in Washington State with our Visa; we truly LOVE our unit!

We took ours all the way around the Gaspé Penninsula two years ago- great trip, hills and curves just like the road to Tofino. 4500 km of fun. Tows like a dream with a Ford F150 w/ 5l V8. Don't even need our WDH. Cost of towing on fuel economy is about 5 or 6 litres/ 100km unless we get bad winds.

Cheers

amblttow
08-23-2018, 03:16 PM
Hi,

Just bought a 2012 VISA rbk and a Pathfinder V6. My new kit replaces a 2006 Cougar 28 feet fith wheel and a 2007 Gas Silverado 2500. Objective is to lower gas bills ( We averaged 8,8 mpg us gallons, 26,5 l / 100 km) and this tandem was very difficult to back up in narrow national parks campgrounds.

Plus of new Visa were aerodynamic profile, solid roof, lots of windows, large fridge, dual wheels, large shower, walk around bed.

Minus was 22,5 feet camper lenght, our objective was 20, small kitchen, no drawers for ustensils, limited cargo capacity, we were spoiled by the fith wheel.

On our first trip wich was very brief, we averaged 12,9 mpg us gallons, 18,5 l/100 km. I think I can fare a little better on the long run. I drive very conservative, i.e. 55-60 mph. Our area is hilly countryside, as in Vermont.

Paul Champagne
Ayer's Cliff
Quebec

We have a 2011 19 RGU, and love it. Towed with an F150 5l, it only eats up about 5 or 6 l per 100, so not too bad. We had a 3" lift kit installed after losing 2 stab. jacks entering a mall parking lot in Rimouski. Toured the Gaspé 2 yrs ago- you should try it if you haven't already. Great trip, and you're halfway there already compared to us.

Gerard Haliburton
St. Marys Ont.

amblttow
08-23-2018, 03:26 PM

Look on Craig's list or Kijiji- you'll find something, I'm sure. I just got a complete Curt 10000 LB rated hitch w / 1000 Tongue wt. for $150.00- would have cost me $750.00 or more plus installation at the dealer. I needed it for a one time job- hauling a 7000 lb trailer from the dealer to my seasonal site. Turns out the guy I got it from needed it for the same thing. I may sell it soon, I'll never need it again - that trailer is there for the rest of our camping life.

Gerry and Jill
St. Marys Ont.

amblttow
08-23-2018, 03:37 PM
With regards to generators, tried to run A/C with Honda 2000i which I already owned, no luck would run for a little but kept blowing breaker on generator. Went ahead and bought the Yamaha 2400i, it runs everything just fine, or I guess I should say was able to run A/C & Fridge off generator, did not try to run microwave at same time. My guess is that running the Micro, A/C and Fridge all at same time might be pushing my luck.

Run the Fridge on gas- problem solved.

GH

Rapsodija
08-24-2018, 07:30 AM
The floor did seem solid to me. My wife and I both spent a fair amount of time in the camper. She would have said something if she noticed it.