PDA

View Full Version : drain location and tank capacities

Rob Swanson
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I recently bought a 2000 Gulf Stream Conquest, 33' on a Ford chassis. I am trying to find the fuel tank, fresh water tank and holding tank capacities. I am also looking for the fresh water drain. My class c had a spicket on the outside. I found a couple pop up valves in a storage compartment but was wondering if there is another main valve for draining the tank. Any advice is appreciated.

Rob Swanson
Pierre, SD

03heritagerider
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Can't help you on your capacities.

However, on mine, I have three pop-up valves grouped together. One each for the cold, hot and fresh water lines. The pop-up marked "fresh" drains the lines leading to and from the fresh water pump. Then there are two additional pop-ups for draining the fresh water tank. Yours should be similar.

RayChez1
04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Can't help you on your capacities.

However, on mine, I have three pop-up valves grouped together. One each for the cold, hot and fresh water lines. The pop-up marked "fresh" drains the lines leading to and from the fresh water pump. Then there are two additional pop-ups for draining the fresh water tank. Yours should be similar.

Are you talking about the three valves where the manifold is located? I believe those three valves only drain the water lines when winterizing your coach. If it is those valves, mine has the same. I never have looked for a drain plug on my fresh water tank. I don't think it has one. I just turn on the electric pump and let it pump out if I want to completely drain the tank. Mine is a 100 gallon fresh water tank. 65 gallon grey tank and 55 gallon black tank.

03heritagerider
04-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Ray,

Yes, those three valves are in the manifold compartment located on the passenger's side of the coach. I failed to mention in my previous post, that there are also two pop-ups in the compartment that houses the sewer and water connections on the driver's side of the coach. And with the two for the tank, there are seven pop-up drains.

My fresh water tank is directly in front of the manifold and it extends the full width of the coach. On each side of the tank there is a pop-up drain. Mine are readily visible when you open the compartment doors on either side, so I would assume that if you don't see them, your coach either doesn't have them or they are elsewhere.

I would hope there would be a drain somewhere. Unless your coach is parked at just the right angle, I don't see how you could possibly get the tank completely empty when sanitizing it.