PDA

View Full Version : I should have bought an extended warranty

hayden964
04-10-2010, 03:01 PM
My roof has came apart from where the fiberglass one piece meets the front fiberglass nose. Now all of the fabric on the sleep over is dry rotten.
On the sides the fiberglass roof looks like it is wrinkleing . Now the paint is peeling off in alot of spots..

It is three years old now and the dealer told me nothing is covered under warranty..

Three years , 10,000 miles and my Supernova is a total POS

Texas TC
04-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I am truly sorry for your SuperNova issues. However, I am not sure an extended warranty would have done you any good. I have an Interstate Star policy that has been great for a few minor issues I have encountered but as far as structural issues go, it only covers metal structural issues and nothing to do with the fiberglass or cap structural problems. I also do not think it would cover any damages caused by the leak. Have you checked with your insurance carrier, they might cover any damages caused by the leak. Seems like it should be like a home owners policy to me.

I hope you find an inexpensive way to repair your coach. The structural parts are the main thing. The cloth issues can be changed out without too much cash outlay.

Good luck!

hayden964
09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
My brake pressure control pump went bad now , this unit has 12,000 miles. Internationals warranty is only for 2 yrs on brakes. The international dealer stated that they are always replacing this pump. And they will warranty the part for up to three years(the part is $6,000) if not . But it is back ordered and the wait is 3 to 5 weeks .

They could not explain why the part failed other then it was junk . evendently it is also installed on school buses

The part was warrantied but the labor was 1600 after a tow