PDA

View Full Version : ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROLLER

Jobuha
04-18-2010, 06:10 AM
Can an electric Brake controller be installed ( plug and play) on the 07 sunvoyager 8389 (FRED)? If so what one and where do you plug it in? I have all the wiring (7 pin) installed but am un aware of what controller and where to plug it in..... any help would be appreciated

R/

Jobuha
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Guess I'm the only one that wants to use a trailer with electric brakes..... found the wiring pigtail under the dash left hand side..... marked trailer brakes..... Now to figure out which controller and what quick connect harness to use......... any suggestions????

hyall
04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Just saying Hi good luck on it

Jobuha
04-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Contacted GULFSTREAM concerning this. Emailed Mr Tobias and this is the reply. Just wanted to share with anyone else looking to install a brake controller for a trailer.

"Freightliner worked with Tekonsha Controls to have a plug and play controller system"

I will now attempt to contact TEKONSHA CONTROLS to figure out what plug and play connector is required when ordering the controller......... will post once I get the lat piece of info

72chevy4x4
05-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I installed a P3 on my suburban suv for towing a large trailer and it's very straight forward-the brains is in the brake controller. So, even if it is not plug and play, a few hours of routing wires under the coach and you'll get it done.

Jobuha
05-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Finally found the cables for the controller. On a GAS Model the are tucked up behind the radio, On a FRED Diesel the are suppose to be on the left side of the steering column. I have the FRED and I finally located the wires behind the Radio. It took longer to locate the Connector than It did to plug it in and mmount it.