PDA

View Full Version : new supernova, not happening?

livinlogs
05-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I just checked and most dealers, including Martinsburg, have pulled all info on the new SN off their websites. Anybody heard if the model is really happening?
KK

theinc06
05-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Nope, not happening. Some "talks" between GS and International about pricing for the new chassis, at this point, have not panned out. I, for one, am SORELY disappointed. So, the only other comparable rig is the Jayco. For my family, the SN 6400 Grand Hotel floor plan was EXTREMELY valuable. Side by side comparisons was the Jayco Embark showed better towing capacity, but for live-ability the 6400 was the way to go, at least for us. Again, I can't say how disappointing it is they haven't been able to resolve the money issue. As a consumer, these are not confidence building factors, and definately make me question my brand loyalty.

Texas TC
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
When I bought my coach in 2007, I was told that GS and Navistar had a three year exclusive agreement to build coaches on the International truck chassis. That agreement should be up now. I cannot help but think that you will see an International chassis on a Monaco or Holiday Rambler coach now that Navistar owns the Monaco brand.

I, too, am disappointed that the new platform will not be used on the SuperNova (if, in fact, that is the case). The SuperNova offers the most diverse floor-plans and best value in the class 6 truck chassis market. Adding the 4400 chassis with air suspension, brakes, etc. would have only made it better. After talking to the sales folks at my local International dealership, I cannot believe the price would be more that $20,000 more which would still make it a value compared to other class 6 and larger chassis'.

I, too, noticed that the advertising had been pulled from the Martinsburg RV site but noticed it is still on the Gulf Stream A class website.

Nanaeve
05-04-2010, 02:22 AM
I've noticed that the GS Websight is the last place to look for info, as it often is / was several years behind in the copyright dates and pieces of the info were often way out of date. Seems you sell more by having current and corrrect info at your own sight, but maybe GS just does'nt care!