PDA

View Full Version : New Gulfstream owner questions

Frosty
05-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Proud new owner of a 2006 35' Endura 6340 Super C. Acording to the dealer and stickers on the coach, I have heated holding tanks. I have yet to find an on/off switch. Is the heater automatic? What am I missing here? Thanks

Nanaeve
05-31-2010, 05:02 AM
Your furnance has a small duct that goes into the water tank, under the queen bed in the rear, its a 2 1/2 duct I think. When you have your furnance on you're heating your tanks. I've not found any ducting (yet) for the black and gray tanks, only the water in the rear. If you should run across it, please post so we can learn. We have a 2009 on the International chassis and after a few "new" problems love the unit.

Frosty
05-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks, I'll look for the heating duct to the fresh tank area. I also just read some other post saying there may be an unmarked switch in the bathroom above the sink or somewhere in there that turns on the grey/black tank heaters. Once I check out mine I'll post info.

mfa
05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
If it's like my 2006 Ultra 6316, the switch is over the bathroom sink. It lights up red when it is on. Mine has a sticker on it that says it is for the holding tank heater. I think it uses electric low-wattage heat strips glued to the sides of the tanks.

Frosty
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes, I do have a random unmarked switch in the bathroom on the aft wall next to the receptical (not lighted). Now if only had a wiring diagram for the coach to verify power and voltage. Also there is a vent outlet in the FW tank area just inside the right hand trunk door that provides furnace air to the area. Thank you all for your assistance. Happy trails!

68nova
06-13-2010, 11:57 PM
My 04 Endura acording to the options has the tank heaters as well. It has the switch in the bathroom but when I switch it on it doesn't light up. I guess I'll have to pull it out and see if it has voltage to it.

CraigH
08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I previously owned a 2007 Ultra Super C. Those tanks had electric heat with a switch in the bathroom. I now own a 2010 SuperNova and those tanks are heated when the heat runs in the coach.