PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Beaufort NC
06-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Well, we woke up this morning with no thoughts of a new motor home, and wound up the day with a Crescendo 8356.

This after four years with a Holiday Endeavor 36, which has served us well. But we are planning a trip to British Columbia in July, and just decided that it was time to trade before the trip, rather than waiting until after, which had been our original thought. I think I just got cold feet about taking a home with almost 60,000 miles on it across the country and back.

We had been having our HR serviced by our Gulf Stream dealer for a couple of years now, so when we made the decision, the choice was easy. And we had also been visiting all of the models each time we stopped by his lot.

We like what we see. The quality looks pretty good, the layout is functional (with the exception of the bathroom, where we would have preferred the shower to be seperate), and we negotiated what seems to us to be a reasonable deal (net someplace around the asking price for 2005 models on RVTrader).

I am particularly impressed by the handling characteristics. The coach appears to be very stable, and the 330 Cat is quick! I'm looking forward to getting on the road with it.

We take delivery on Tuesday, and will drive to Charlotte for a shakedown. While there, we'll have our DataStorm dish installed, then drive it back to the coast.

Saturday, we leave for BC, towing our rail motorcar with us. We expect to be back after seven weeks and about 9000 miles.

TSoul
06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
congradulations and welcome to the forum. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine. Good luck with it and have fun. Happy Camping.

RV Wizard
06-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Beaufort NC, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new rig. Let us know how things go on your maiden voyage. Take care and be sure to keep us posted as to the trip to BC!

C.Reilly
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
We too just bought a new Crescendo. Very sharp unit.

Carol and Chuck

earljan34
08-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the forum glad to have you here, :D

Earl

C.Reilly
08-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Why do I have to keep logging in? I write replies and then I'm asked to log in and log in and log in.

Carol

chamberlain
08-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Welcome....

I too have an 06 Crescendo 8356 and aside from a few warranty items which took GS about a month to resolve the beast runs and drives very well. For once I don't get blow off the road when a Semi passes.

coolchas11
08-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Best wishes on the new rig and have a great trip!

coolchas11
08-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Best wishes on the new rig and have a great trip!

RJ82much
08-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Logging in & Logging in

Carol,

Finally, someone asked about that problem. It took me months of frustration to learn to click the little box on the sign-on screen labeled something like "always stay logged in". Once you do that, the forum works very well. I always figured I was the only one who had that problem!

C.Reilly
08-18-2006, 05:32 AM
OK I will try that.
Our Crescendo is an 8356. I just can't believe the lack of storage compared to our fifth wheel we traded in. I have no pantry. They bays outside are small too. Sitting here wondering if we made a huge mistake.

Carol and Chuck

RJ82much
08-18-2006, 06:33 AM
The actual label is "Log me on automatically each visit:" It keeps you signed on for the current session, not forever.

Carol, I'll bet you have the double-door fridge. We opted for the smaller, single-door fridge. A great, pull-out pantry is installed in the unused space.

Similarly, not having a washer/dryer installed gained us room for bulky items (blankets, MH documentation, computer equipment, etc).

Being a jeans & tee-shirt family, we have very few hanging cloths. So I filled the closet with pull-out, stackable drawers (Sterilite) from Wal-Mart.

Depending on your toad, you can store a lot in it while traveling.

Retird2Golf
08-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Hey Carol,

:( I had the same problem with storage. After trading in my 1990

40' Winnebago SuperChief, for a 32.5 SunVoyager, But the trade off for 2

slides and 6" in width makes the living area well worth it. I found

"STUFF" :roll: I forgot I had. We added a 14' screen room under the

awning and that works very well and the dogs love it !!

Best Regards and Happy Travlin' !! Clyde

GStream40
08-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Our Crescendo is an 8356. I just can't believe the lack of storage compared to our fifth wheel we traded in. I have no pantry. They bays outside are small too. Sitting here wondering if we made a huge mistake.

We had the same thoughts when we traded our 5er which was 36' triple axle, triple slide, in on our first Gulf Stream motorhome which was a 2002 35' Yellowstone DP that we purchased in August 2002. We had more storage inside and outside in the 5er than we did the motorhome.

So after two years in August 2004 we purchased our present 40' Gulf Stream with 4 slides and bunches more storage.
Of course, this was the floorplan that the wife wanted in the beginning and I didn't because of the 40' length driving. :roll:

Guess I should have listened to her from the beginning and it would have saved us some $$$$.

Darn, I hate it when she is right, again!!! :!: :twisted:

Ron

Retird2Golf
08-18-2006, 07:32 AM
RON, JOIN THE CLUB !!!

C.Reilly
08-18-2006, 08:56 AM
I was thinking the other night about a screen room. But we have some real neat lights that slide in that little groove on the awning. Is there another type of screen room?
Chuck put a shelf in that big space where the washer and dryer is suppose to go. I didn't want a washer and dryer. I needed the space with animals traveling too.
We took the model off the lot. It has the free standing dinette. Only came with 2 chairs so I guess they don't think we will have company :D .
One thing I have found that's different than all the other motor homes we've had (too many) is that walking to the ref. is very difficult. This thing has a lot more sway to it. The wider walking area doesn't help. I have no place to brace myself quickly. That's a good thing too. Plenty of room when the slides are in. So I guess I shouldn't complain.

Now if diesel would just go down.

Carol and Chuck

Retird2Golf
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey Carol, once in awhile, if the insects are "BUGGIN"' you, (sorry
about that). You'll trade those lites (Which attract BUGS) for the
comfort of a screenroom.

Best Regards, Clyde

C.Reilly
08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Every year the buggies seem to be getting worse and bigger. The screen room just might be the answer. I have two cats that travel with us and I am sure they would enjoy being out a little bit.
Since we've never bought a screen room before, what types are their out there?

Carol

Chuck can hang his lights a different way :D

C.Reilly
08-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Was in the chat room last night. Come on people. Join in.

Carol and Chuck

chamberlain
08-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey, did any of you guy's get a DVD with your coach that had somewhat of a presentation of all of the units features. The one I got stopped playing 1/2 way thu.... I contacted GS about getting a new one which I received. It had the same problem so I contacted GS again and suggested they purge their stock of the bad ones. I had two people contact me indicating they would check the stock and get back to me. Guess what... have not heard from GS for about three weeks and now both people appearently are no longer working for GS

I'm sure you would enjoy this story... such a simple thing but indicates the quality of the product all the way down to the DVD

RJ82much
08-30-2006, 02:35 AM
WOW, I didn't get the DVD... They now have a features DVD? (albeit broken) What a great idea!

earljan34
08-30-2006, 06:25 AM
I din't get one! And factory had to send me the books on the coach as they were lost at dealers. :roll: I was even at factory in March and no DVD. :?

GStream40
08-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Features DVD?? That is a great Idea......a broken dvd....maybe they are reordering or finding another supply, I hope so.

Ron

RayChez1
08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Congratulations on your new Crescendo. Gulfstream makes a pretty good coach. I have had great luck with my Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser. We are not full timers, but we use it at least one week out of the month. We stay at Thousand Trails preserves a lot. We really like the Pacific north west right on the beach campgrounds. I still love to go out with my two dogs and run on the wet sand (beach).

earljan34
08-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, If anyone has the DVD in working order lets copy it I would love to have one there are still things that I don't know about, I am still learning what some of the switches under the hood and in compartments are for!

Earl

chamberlain
08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Good suggestion but since I work for a software company there might be a copyright issue and GS could go after the person doing the copying and distribution. Hey, at least we could make sure it would play to the end!!

GStream40
08-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Good suggestion but since I work for a software company there might be a copyright issue and GS could go after the person doing the copying and distribution. Hey, at least we could make sure it would play to the end!!

In that case, maybe we could just borrow it for a little bit? :roll: :lol:

Ron

Retird2Golf
08-31-2006, 07:18 AM
8) Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, now let me see, if you made a copy, and mailed it to me and I made a copy and mailed it to Earl, and Earl made a copy .............................................. :roll:

earljan34
08-31-2006, 07:28 AM
NO COPYRITE ISSUE RIGHT!!!!!!!

GStream40
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
NO COPYRITE ISSUE RIGHT!!!!!!!

Of course not, After all we would just be "loaning" each other DVD's and I never said anything about copying anything. :wink: :D

Ron

Retird2Golf
08-31-2006, 09:49 AM
:shock: Opps , did I say copy ? what a lousy typer ! I meant "sent" for
review and comment of course !!

GStream40
08-31-2006, 11:54 AM
:shock: Opps , did I say copy ? what a lousy typer ! I meant "sent" for
review and comment of course !!

Hey, Welcome aboard!! :lol:

I heard back from my friend at GSC and she is checking to see if there are any DVD's available and what is going on with them.
She said she would sent me one if she can get one. :D
Looking forward to viewing it and see if I found out anything that I have missed operation wise.
Hopefully everyone was not defective. :cry:

Ron

chamberlain
08-31-2006, 12:05 PM
let me know if your successful. I called today again (3rd try) and left a message with the multimedia person ( Andrew) asking for a call back on my DVD. I think everyone has gone back to school and the message center is broken!!!

Retird2Golf
08-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey Chamberlain, maybe if we donate binders, pencils, erasers and such we can get them to respond , After they do their homework, of course !

Clyde

chamberlain
08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Here's the latest update.... GS must have read this post. I received a call from the DVD guy and he's been working on the issue. It appears the DVD distributed with the 06 product which was made for the 05 did have a problem. He's about three weeks away from releasing the 07 version and will send me one at that time. Most of the content will be the same or similar to the 06. Let's hope it happens. BTW, he apologized for the slow response to my calls and thanked me for letting him know of the issue.

Maybe by Xmas I'll have the 07 DVD

RJ82much
08-31-2006, 03:57 PM
That is very interesting that there may be the possibility that they monitor this forum. I don't think we'll ever know who (maybe more than 1), but you've got to wonder why they wouldn't. I've done my share of buzzing in their ears as well as the dealership. I have had personal contact with various names at the company and assuredly always mention "GSOwners". Others do the same.

GStream40
08-31-2006, 05:40 PM
I am very sure that GSC does monitor this forum to some extent.

For that I am glad and maybe we can get some participation from them eventually when they see that we are acting like friendly ladies and gentlemen here and owners helping each other. :)

Yes, I welcome Gulf Stream Coach. I have met many of the associates and management of the company in person. All were very nice people and the Shea family is a very close family that treat their associates at Gulf Stream and Fairmont Homes very well.

Ron

RJ82much
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Yes Ron, you are such a friendly gentleman - & me too! ;)

Bob 104
Ron 147 WOW!

GStream40
08-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes Ron, you are such a friendly gentleman - & me too! ;)

Bob 104
Ron 147 WOW!

Hey this is a forum for friends!! :lol:

Bob 105
Ron 149 :P

Ron

Retird2Golf
09-01-2006, 01:27 PM
:P Hey this is great !! :lol: A new weekly program ........

The Ron and Bob Show .... watch them "Post" Live and ON-THE-AIR.

For mature audiences only .... ROFLMAO :P

C.Reilly
09-01-2006, 05:57 PM
We have an 07 and got the DVD. Does that mean our DVD is an 06?

Question -- we have an odd problem. Stuff falls out of the medicine cabinet. Any of you have that problem? Chuck made dowels and put tiny nails to hold the shelves. Funny thing. Our stuff is in the sink but the door of the cabinet is still closed tight. Dealer put an extra latch on it.

Can't figure out how this is happening. Any ideas???????

Carol

Couldn't get cable first time out. They had wired cable to satilite. :roll:

chamberlain
09-01-2006, 06:18 PM
If what the GS DVD guy was telling me is correct you might have a DVD made for the 05. The gentleman doing the video wears a hat and has a very colorful shirt on. The other way you can tell is.... The switches for monitoring the black and gray tanks are on the wall by the cook top where as they were moved to the area over the W/D entertainment cabinet on my 06

Does it play all the way through?

chamberlain
09-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Check taht the cabinet is fastened to the wall properly. It could be bouncing off the wall on the bottom during traveling

GStream40
09-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey Clyde,

Bob Started it!! :lol: :D :wink:

Ron

C.Reilly
09-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Apparently AOL doesn't talk to MSN. Kept getting knocked off line last night. Is there a secret to getting to the chat room? Did it once, but not last night.

Retird2Golf
09-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Carol, Msn has been really acting up lately, with the New "Windows Live" format and up-grades on Messenger, Internet Explorer. They are getting ready for the New Vista OS. Have you tried getting a free MSN "Passport"
this will allow Msn to recognize you.

I'm sure things will settle down soon !

Best Regards, Clyde

C.Reilly
09-05-2006, 10:47 AM
I thought I did and that is how I got on before.
I just feel bad that you are trying to set up a chat room and maybe other people besides me are having trouble.
I will check out MSN tonight and see what it is all about.

Carol