PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Luckiest Dreamer
06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Just a quick comment! I am presently in the middle of negotiating the purchase of a 2008 Tour Master 40A. It appears to be a nice coach and am anxious to become a member of the motor home community. My wife and I are retired and expect to use the coach for recreational travel and as snowbirds. We have been campers for a number of years using a 5Th wheel. Somehow I feel campers is not quite a proper description for those of us that use (or expect to use) the Tour Master as a means to see our country!
Any comments about the Tour Master?

Chuck v
06-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Dreamer,

We have had a Tour Master for a little more than an year now and bought it used. As with any vehicle, there was some attention needed to what the prior owner did not do, as well as a few things that they did do -- and to the lingering 'issues' from the factory. Since you have owned a FW, I am sure you are familiar with personalizing vehicles such as these to one's own taste and use preferences.

You can search this forum for information about the TM line in general, and for owner improvements and "little fixes" -- I have contributed to these threads lately myself.

Good luck on getting the coach, and let us know how it turns out.

Chuck

GO BLUE
06-24-2010, 03:21 PM
We don't call it camping.....we say we are roughing it......jim k

Arthur Hayes
06-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi Dreamer and good luck with the Tour Master. We took delivery of our 2007 T40A in September of 2006 and have been full timing since then. Very happy with it.

David Bott
06-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the site.

First off, $ for $, you get the best bang for the buck with Gulf Stream. We bought our 2008 T-40B TM new and, well, if you found our thread, you know the issues we had.

But we are happy with the coach and have made it our own. Complete with changes we recently made to improve the interior look and use. (See our travel site under the signature for current photos.)

All in all, we are happy. We went though a lot, but we are happy and just did 9700 miles last winter across the county and back.

Luckiest Dreamer
06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the responses. We have completed the purchase of the coach and spent the day loading our "stuff". It's hard to believe all we had accumulated in the 5Th wheel and how much of it seems unneeded. We will be leaving for a 6 week trip soon. It will include the Oregon Coast, Vancouver, BC, Jackson and Banff National Parks as well as Edmonton and Calgary. Glacier, and Teddy Roosevelt National Parks in the US as well.
There are some issues that needs attention before leaving. Most seem small but could be time consuming.
We are seasoned travelers, the 5TH wheel has seen all but three States and we traveled aboard our 50FT Trawler for a 4 year trip, circumnavigating the Eastern US and parts of Canada. Two of the winters were spent aboard in Florida with the trawler spending an additional summer in the Kentucky Lakes to get it out of hurricane country.
With the purchase of the Tour Master we are now out of boating and expect it to become our home away from home!

RayChez1
07-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Congratulation on your purchase of your TourMaster. The Gulf Stream high end coaches are pretty good coaches. I have had real good luck with my Scenic Cruiser. We are in Seaside, Oregon right now and we are enjoying every day up here. Very nice and cool at the moment. We left California two months ago and have hit all the 1000trails rv preserves on the coast. Saw at Whalers Rest one of the most beautiful TourMasters I have ever seen. It just stood out among other coaches. Good luck with your new coach and go out and enjoy that west coast tour.

David Bott
07-06-2010, 07:48 AM
"Saw at Whalers Rest one of the most beautiful TourMasters I have ever seen. It just stood out among other coaches."

Hey Ray...We were not their. LOL :)

Dreamer...Congrats!!! Keep in touch on your TM and if can help, we are here.

Chuck v
07-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Dreamer,

Congratulations on the Tour Master acquisition -- sounds like you have a great first tour planned here in the West.

Ray, yes the Oregon coast is very nice this time of year, and the coming week will be busy as the temperatures inland will be near record highs so folks will flock to the cooler shores.

Here is a shot from the top of the clubhouse at Pacific Shores Resort in Newport Oregon from last month -- lots of very nice coaches there and our Tour Master was no slouch (although the Prevost at the top of the picture with the American Flag flying probably cost 10 times what I have in my 2007 40C...)
http://www.gsowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_11019_0014b7ebcc0e9d24f164b4e2a2444a7a.jpg

Enjoy your trip!!

Chuck