PDA

View Full Version : No power to engine A/C blower

wideoval007
06-26-2010, 08:26 PM
I have a 1998 sun voyager and having trouble getting wiring diagrams. Solenoid that turns on/off fuse bank is not getting 12v to excite solenoid. Have no idea where 12v power is supposed to come from. ALL fuses are good. If I apply 12v to the solenoid from a different source the a/c will work as well as the 2 fans on the windshield.. Any ideas?

72chevy4x4
06-27-2010, 09:16 AM
my chassis hvac fan comes on only after the ign is turned 'on'. did you trace a wire back to the ign switch? also check other ign 'on' sources, radio comes to mind, wipers is obvious.

RJ82much
06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I'll bet you didn't check ALL the fuses!! Heh heh. There is an undocumented fuse block under the dash, next to the steering column. I KNOW it controls my windshield fans, as well as my remote mirror.

If you are a contortionist, you might be able to see the block by lying on your back and sliding in under the dash... if not, use a mirror &/or take pictures with a digital camera. There is an ignition fuse located there.

My chassis is a Workhorse, gas.

Also, don't hold your breath trying to get circuit diagrams. And if you did (by some miracle), chances are this fuse won't be included because it is part of the original chassis wiring - at least on my coach.

larrybell
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Is your A/C interlocked with the Overdrive Override pushbutton? Might want to ensure that it is in overdrive.