PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream 6319 wall slide problem

SuperC6319
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
We have a Gulfstream 6319 with a wall slide, and as you are facing the wall slide - just the lower left corner is remaining out by about an inch. The other three corners appear to be pulled in tight as usual. I am not sure what the issue is - we have had many trips and about 28,000 miles in 2 years with no issues. I was curious what stops the motor when going in? Is it a limit switch or a function of the load on the motor?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

cd6400
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Do you know if your slide operates with cables or with a traditional motor driven slide mechanism? If by cable, its possible that the lower cable has come of the pulley. Also with the slide partially open or closed see if there any wire bundles, electrical wiring something that could be getting caught or trapped preventing the slide from coming all the way in.

SuperC6319
06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
It is definitely not a cable, just a gear driven horizontal bar. I have looked and can see nothing in the way at all. We drove through the NJ/NY thruway 2 weeks ago (once up and once back) which is like driving on the moon, probably just bounced something out of adjustment, it's been raining and I haven't grunged around under there long enough to see any type of adjusting mechanism.
Thanks,
John