PDA

View Full Version : NOISEY BEDROOM AIR CONDITIONER

johndee
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
TOOK OUR FIRST TRIP IN 2004 SUNVOYAGER AND REAR AIR OVER BED SO NOISEY WE COULD NOT USE IT. ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM? WHEN IT COMES ON SOUNDS LIKE A BOMB WENT OFF! CAN'T IMAGINE ANYONE SLEEPING THROUGH IT. ANY REMEDY???

holmesaw
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Close the air discharge on the unit itself and let the air flow thru the vents.
much quieter. Same thing in front.

tarheel
07-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Something else you might try. I had an RV tech at the house today working on my satelite on my 07 Tourmaster and I mentioned to him that one of my air conditioners was pretty noisy. He took off the internal cover (six screws), got a wrench and tightened up the 4 internal bolts that hold the unit on the roof. A couple of the bolts had several turns needed. As soon as this was done, all of the vibration and other noise disappeared.

After he left, I did the same thing to the other unit. What a difference it made! He told me that after a very short time after manufacturing, the seals on the units when installed get badly depressed, allowing the unit to vibrate. Sure made a difference on my units! He suggested holding a small socket wrench close to the socket so that I wouldn't turn it much.

coolchas11
07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks, tarheel, I am going to check the a/c bolts. Charlie