PDA

View Full Version : extra power adders

frank
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
what have folks done to increase the power/torque of a 8.3 -275 hp engine. mine has the electronic injector pump and i was woundering if a computer chip can be added-i have one on on my 5.9 cummins and have used them on my other diesels. whats available for a motorhome that would be a plug and play

TNTraveler
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I have the same RV as you do and also would be interested in something like your talking about. I have seen some Banks systems but would rather go your way if possible.

RayChez1
09-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I have read on Goggle about a system called The Edge that really will increase the horse power and torque. You might want to check it out.

frank
09-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I am quite familiar with Cummins computer chips; I have owned four trucks with their engines in them. My 07 has a M.A.D. industries chip stacked with an edge economy chip but this just plug into the obd ll terminal or under the hood. I can?t even find the obd ll terminal on the motor home. I have found a round plug about one inch, or so, in diameter tucked up under the side dash near the transmission shifter panel and another in the compartment where the inverter/converter is, it has a cap on it ,the dash one doesn?t have a cap. I don?t know of any chip that would plug into this type of connection and would like to see pictures of how a chip would be connected