PDA

View Full Version : Toad Braking System

TNTraveler
09-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Need a new braking system for my F-150. Have checked a few system on line with prices from $300 to $900. Some you have to wire up and us an air line, while others are just plug and play systems. Am interested in knowing what type of system that you have been using and are you satisfied that it is doing the job.

holmesaw
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I have the SMI duo on-board system. Just flip a switch to activate. A little bit expensive but I love it. No crawling around in the mud or snow to attach brake system to the pedal.

Chuck v
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I have an Acura MDX AWD SUV for a toad, so it weighs about the same as your truck. I use the RoadMaster 9160 air braking system and it is fully proportional. The cylinder in the toad is small and removes easily, and stows under the rear cargo area in the shallow storage area there. I find it simple to use and very effective. All the parts are compact and light so there is no issue with placing them into service, or storing them when using the toad after we arrive at a destination...

Chuck

Arthur Hayes
09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I have the US Gear Unified system and for the past 4 years have been very satisfied. It does make hookups and disconnects very easy.