PDA

View Full Version : Replacing sofa in Amerilite 255BH

markscamp
09-30-2010, 10:18 AM
We are new campers and purchased the Amerilite 255BH a couple of months ago. The sofa is some kind of a fold over thing which is horrible to sit on and would be impossible to sleep on for anyone over
5 ft. tall. We'd like to tear out the sofa and relace it with a wall hugging
loveseat recliner. Because the sofa is on the trailer's slide out...would this
project be doable ? thanks for any tips on this. PS- we LOVE the camper otherwise.

keithinspace
10-21-2010, 12:15 PM
I am 6' tall and actually slept (napped) on my 255BH couch for the first time the other day. I had to go a little sideways and have my legs hang off the end by the TV, but it was reasonably comfy. Also, I've had my parents take a trip with us and they slept separately on the dinette/sofa. Didn't hear any complaints.

That said, I can see why replacing the sofa would be desireable. Instead of having all of that 'blank' space behind the seatback, it would be nice to have more of a reading couch.

There isn't much you can do about the length, though. It's really hemmed in by the width of the slide.

Unfortunately, the entire slide is on that "step-up" so putting a regular anything in the hole will probably end up oddly high. I don't know if you have any interest in going more of a FUTON direction...that'd be more doable as a DIY type of project. And you could still fold it down to make a decent bed of some type.

Let me know if you're still considering this project or how it goes.