PDA

View Full Version : Tourmaster Slideout Problem

tarheel
10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
I just returned from a 7,000+ mile trip. Soon after leaving home, the large slideout on my 07 Tourmaster began making a noise when it got within a foot of being fully extended. As I used it frequently, the noise got louder and it began to vibrate as if the support may be rubbing on something. When I bring it back in, it comes in fine. I noticed that the support cylinder on the front is making contact with a cover at the slide opening which may be causing the noise and vibration. The rear cylinder has about 1/4 to 1/2 inch space between it and the back opening cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dick

Luckiest Dreamer
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Tarheel
As you are aware i have been having many problems with my Tourmaster so I have been doing a lot of research on many aspects of the coach. I found that Powergear has several TIP sheets available online @ http://www.powergearus.com/navi/faq that is on their FAQ page. maybe that will help.

Chuck v
10-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Dick,

With the slide extended all the way out, lift up the carpet flap at the slide front corner and take a look at the white plastic piece that the slide room rubs against as it moves. This part is UHMW plastic (ultra-high molecular weight...) and is both low friction and resists deformation under load -- but it can crack/break and that would let that end of the room settle to a lower height during the extension/retraction cycle.

One quick way to check for any sagging is to see if the paint pattern still matches at the slide relative to the rest of the coach body when the slide is retracted...

Let us know what you find, and hopefully it is nothing too major.

Chuck

tarheel
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know what I find. It may be a week or two before I have a chance to check it out in that I just put it back in storage and probably won't have an opportunity until then.

tarheel
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Chuck-
I just today had an oppportunity to look at my big slide and found that both plastic pieces are broken. I was able to tell that by looking with a light without extending the slide. Did you have that occur also and if so, where did you get the replacement pieces? The front plastic piece is cracked and part of it is sticking up. The back piece is crushed in the middle, but appears to be in tact.
Dick

Chuck v
11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Dick,

I sent you a PM with the details of what the dealer did to repair my slide. Yes, mine was broken just as you describe...but at both ends of the slide.

Chuck

univmd
11-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Can you also PM me what your dealer did? Mine did not crack yet, but I am thinking it may in the future... Thank you!