PDA

View Full Version : cleaning tips sought

EarlJunior
10-20-2010, 04:28 PM
N-E-1 have any tips on cleaning those rubber (?) gaskets around the outside of the windows? Mine has a lot of dark stains; I tried Clorox wipes & a very mild bleach spray, nothing.

natemoore
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I soaked mine in a bucket in an extremely strong chlorine solution. I used some chlorine that I normally put in my pool, mixed it about 25% with water. Let the white rubber soak for a day. Cleaned most of the mildew, but some was so deeply embedded that it remained. I'll probably order a roll of gasket material from Gulf Stream and just replace them all.

EarlJunior
10-23-2010, 06:16 PM
thanx for the tip! Let me know how the replacing goes if you decide to do that; I may want to consider that as well!

natemoore
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
thanx for the tip! Let me know how the replacing goes if you decide to do that; I may want to consider that as well!

I re-installed the old, bleached molding already. You just need a putty knife to force it back into the groove. It wasn't hard. Assume brand new would install just as easily.

EarlJunior
11-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Turns out the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleans up those rubber gaskets around the windows etc. quite well! Takes a bit of elbow grease tho', so I think I'm gonna get the heavy duty ones next & see how that does!