PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Lug Nut Size

rschroer
11-04-2010, 04:30 PM
We have a "new to us" 2006 Gulfstream Crescendo model 8356 diesel pusher MH. The coach is on a Freightliner chassis. I would like to be able to remove the stainless caps from the wheels. What size wrench or socket is required to loosen theses chrome lug nuts that hold the polished stainless steel caps in place. Also, where can you purchase either the socket or wrench.

All comments welcome and appreciated.

RayChez1
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
If you have chrome covers like mine, there is a tool in a compartment wall that is for removing the nuts off the chrome cover. Maybe you have the same. But if you have aluminum wheels, then that is another thing.

Mine was on the first compartment where you can see from one side to the other on the drivers side. On mine it is next to the compartment that has the propane tank. Check the wall on the front or left of the compartment when you open the door.
Good luck!

rschroer
11-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Ray,

The next time it's convienient, could you mesaure the size of the socket head or maybe it's imprinted on the tool itself. I did try a 1 5/8 socket and its a lille to big - I believe it should be about 1 9/16 or some metric measurement.

I checked all of the luggage compartments and no wrench to be found.

Thanks for your reply and help.

RayChez1
11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Ron, the tee wrench that is mounted on the wall in my compartment measures 1 5/8"
Hope that helps.

rschroer
11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
RayChez,

Thanks for your help - now I can manufacture what I need.