PDA

View Full Version : BT Cruiser slide problem

hpytravlr
08-10-2006, 09:45 PM
We have had problems from day one with our BT Cruiser slide outs. A friend told us that someone from Gulf Stream told others with this problem that it is often caused by the retractable awning over the slide. The tension in the awning is too tight and holds the slide in. They heard this at the Back Home In Indiana Rally.

hpytravlr
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
This is a continuation of the previous post. We contacted Gulf Stream about the problem with our slide out and they are going to cover the repair work on it with a dealer they say has a very good slide repair person. The dealer is some distance from us, but they sent a man to our home to pick up our coach. That really impressed us. This will be the 4th Gulf Stream dealer to look at this problem over the past year. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this one will finally solve our problem.

Penny
5290 BT Cruiser 2006

earljan34
08-11-2006, 06:28 AM
GOOD LUCK!!!

ALLIANCEAC
08-22-2006, 06:39 PM
AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS BY DEALER AND GULF STREAM TO FIX WATER LEAKS< I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT THE WATER IS ENTERING THE BASEMENT COMPARTMENT BECAUSE THE SLIDES, ON MY MODEL 5291, WHEN RETRACTED HAVE A 1/8 INCH GAP AT THE TOP. ON THE LAST REPAIR ATTEMPT THEY ADDED A RAIN GUTTER ABOVE THE ATRUIM SLIDE WHICH WOULD OF BEEN OK IF IT ONLY RAINED STRAIGHT DOWN. SEEMS I HAVE FOUND OUT AFTER 11 MONTHS OF REPAIRS FOR BASEMENT COMPARTMENT WATER LEAKS THEY HAVE NOT DESIGNED THE ABILITY TO ADJUST THE SLIDES IN THE BT CRUISER TO MAKE UP FOR THE GAPS ON ALL OF THE RIGS SLIDES. THE SLIDES ALSO BIND ON THE BODY TRIM AT THE BOTTOM OF FWD SLIDES. IT MAY BE A DESIGN FLAW. AND MAY NOT BE FIXABLE. TIME WILL TELL (RIG IS IN FOR THE 5th TIME TO REPAIR LEAKS) :( UPDATE-11/15/06 STILL NOT FIXED,DEALER GAVE UP LEMON LAW NOW IN PROGRESS

GStream40
08-23-2006, 09:03 AM
ALLIANCEAC,

Welcome to Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!! :D

Sorry to hear about your slide leak. Keep up the contact with Gulf Stream on your repair and I am sure that they will make it right, one way or the other.
The BT Cruiser is a big seller for them and I see many at the GS rallies with many happy/proud owners.
Did you know that the BT Cruisers have their own club within the Gulf Streamers International?

Ron

hpytravlr
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Our slide problem may be solved. It is working for now. It seems the slide motor came from the factory pulling 50 amps and was supposed to pull only 30 amps. No wonder it kept blowing fuses. No wonder it moved the slide in so far it tore the outside frame loose. The good news is that Gulf Stream is covering the replacement motor and repair work under warranty. We were able to bring it home from the dealership yesterday. The Gulf Stream dealer to finally find this problem, after taking it to 3 other Gulf Stream dealers over the past year, is Sagon RV on I-75 south of Atlanta in Jackson, GA.

Penny
5290 BT Cruiser 2006

GStream40
09-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Our slide problem may be solved. It is working for now. It seems the slide motor came from the factory pulling 50 amps and was supposed to pull only 30 amps. No wonder it kept blowing fuses. No wonder it moved the slide in so far it tore the outside frame loose. The good news is that Gulf Stream is covering the replacement motor and repair work under warranty. We were able to bring it home from the dealership yesterday. The Gulf Stream dealer to finally find this problem, after taking it to 3 other Gulf Stream dealers over the past year, is Sagon RV on I-75 south of Atlanta in Jackson, GA.

Penny
5290 BT Cruiser 2006

Penny,

Glad to hear that your slide was repaired. Yes, All dealers service departments are not equal. Some are really sharp when it comes to solving problems, others fix it when you tell them what is wrong, sad when the owner has diagnose the problem.

Good to hear that GSC took care of it.

Now you can enjoy your BT Cruiser.

Ron