PDA

View Full Version : New to the board GS Visa RSD

RedBeard
12-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Hello, my wife and I went to look at the RSD this past weekend. The camper had just come back from the RV show. One of the supports on the back wall for the upper bunk, had pulled out of the wall. That kinda concerned me on how well they are put together.

We have two children. 11 and 2. We are figuring that some trips there could be six (two adults, two preteens, and two little ones). we have looked at many floorplans and there are not many campers that sleep alot of people. What do you users think on the RSD?

Thanks RedBeard
in Florida

DonMitsu
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Congratulations on your new TT. We've had ours since June and love it. Like you said it has by far the best floor-plan for the weight. Was the bunk secured when the support came loose. I know from personal experience if you travel without the bunk latched in place it can turn into a hammer and pound the support out of the wall. They definitely used light weight materials but we've only had one warranty issue and that was the fridge only worked on 110 and gas but not 12v (I don't think I would trust the battery to run the fridge anyway, but our dealer fixed it really quick and got us back on our way. All in all we've been very pleased with the quality and believe it's comparable to other ultra light weight TT. We did get an extended service contract on it just because all Travel Trailers seem to need repair from time to time. I would suggest sway control as light as that trailer is with only one axle and all that surface area to catch the wind sway control can make a big difference when towing.

Amazingly enough you can sleep 6 (4 kids) but it is a little tight for the 3 sleeping on the bottom bunk and dinette. We have 2 kids and a dog and camp as often as we can

RedBeard
12-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the input!